Terroir La Cachette Restaurant & Wine Bar At Strewn Winery
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located within Strewn Winery,just a short drive from historic downtown Niagrara-on-the-Lake and the Shaw Theate, Terroir La Cachette restaurant offers a truly regional experience. Through the use of locally grown and raised products, we bring the flavours of the Niagara region to your palate, both on the plate and in the glass. We invite you to taste some of the best wines of the region, with our all-Ontario wine list, and chef Alain Levesque combines French Provencal style of cooking with the best local ingredients, bringing together the finest the region has to offer. Whether it's an intimate dinner for two, a corporate function, or a personal gathering, Terroir La Cachette has the facilities to accommodate you. Stop in for a quick, casual bite to eat, relax on our peaceful patio, or dine in the main dining room overlooking Four Mile Creek.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We stopped by to have a taste of the wines, and decided to have lunch at the restaurant. The food was good, and so was the wine. The weather was great, so we got a table outside. Service was attentive, but we were more or less also the only people there, so I guess it wasn't much of a challenge :) All in all a nice lunch and a very good glass of wine.

Buffalo, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My wife and I planned a special trip to Terroir La Cachette for our anniversary. We were sadly disappointed. The entire staff seemed distracted. When we arrived, the hostess was sorting through bills with her calculator. I had the impression she was trying to figure out if they could cover payroll. She sat us at a lousy table in the middle of the traffic pattern, even though the restaurant was half-empty [7:00 pm on a Saturday]. Our waitress, when she finally arrived at our table, was ADHD and vaguely hostile. She never asked for a drink order, and we had to flag her down later just for two cocktails. She got this order wrong, even though it was just a martini and cosmo. She could not recall the specials, not did she offer any real insight into the menu. My wife's duck confit was fine, but unremarkable. My strip steak [the special] was gristly. I asked for it medium well, but it arrived rare. I did not bother sending it back, because I do not like my steak microwaved.
We did not stay for dessert, because we felt unwelcome and cheated. There are great restaurants in NOTL: this is not one of them.

1 Thank omaloor
USA
“Superb Country French restaurant”
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Just superb service, good help with wine selection, food cooked exactly as promised, well priced for such superb cooking, in a beautiful setting. I have nothing more to add.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Very nice food and service!”
Reviewed May 25, 2008

I stayed in a very nice B&B (Applewood Hollow) half a kilometre away from this restaurant/winery in mid-May with my fiancee. I decided to ask her to marry me there and then go and have our first dinner as fiancees in this restaurant. The venue could not have been better, nice seating, great wines, nice, refined french food and great service. The staff we got assigned were very nice and the sommelier gave us some excellent wine choices. We loved them so much that we came to the winery the next day to buy some bottles for our private collections, and we're from an "old" wine country in Europe! Would recommend this restaurant without hesitation. My girlfriend said yes btw.

Travelers who viewed Terroir La Cachette Restaurant & Wine Bar At Strewn Winery also viewed

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario