“Real pub feel, better than average pub food”

Moffatt Restaurant & Pub
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The pub is in the hotel where we stayed, so it was naturally an attraction. Their claim is for the best Fish and Chips; that's hard to judge, but it was the best we had this season. And the are really good at drawing a Guinness.

There are newer reviews for Moffatt Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went here for dinner with a good friend, we were celebrating our Birthdays together and attending the Shaw. It has a small menu mostly all pub food, I ordered the Scotch pie and my friend had the fish and chips, both tasted ok. The Scotch pie was just headed in the oven and it was warmed so didn't seem like it had been cooked long enough. The fries were very good though! Our server was very nice and attentive. I would eat here again and give it another try.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

When walking we noticed an employee drawing attention to the pub specials outside. We went in and ordered the chicken wrap special and a pitcher of beer. The wraps were delicious and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

we took the daily special which a good value for money. We tasted local beers, 4 beers served in smaller portions. A good idea. Location is good. However 1 suggestion: the Heineken pub should be changed into at least Stella Artois pub.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for a bite to eat after Theatre last evening. If you're not aware of the Pub, you could easily walk right on by as from the sidewalk it's a bit of a secluded stairway down to the basement level of the Moffatt Inn. Once inside you really get the Pub atmosphere with brick pillars, dark wood, a fireplace set in one wall, and a great looking bar. They have a good selection of Craft Beers as well as Pub fare. The chicken wings we had were meaty with lots of carrot and celery sticks and the Sweet Potato fries were great. On recommendation from our Server my wife tried a Pear Cider which she found to be very tasty and refreshing. One problem, though, was that some of the wooden chairs were very uncomfortable. I felt as though I was going to slide off the seat and under the table ! All in all good service and food. We will be back!