“Very nice dinner”

Trius Winery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Trius Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Hillebrand Winery Restaurant celebrates the relationship between our land, our people, our wines and our food. Chef Frank Dodd showcases locally inspired cuisine made with ingredients from the bounty of Niagara Wine Country, and Winemaker Craig McDonald pairs them with wines made from grapes that grow in the same soil. Extend your stay in Wine Country, and allow us to arrange a private tasting in our Collector's Boutique or another Winery Experience prior to your meal.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My wife and I had a very nice dinner at Trius. While the food was not something that we would typically experience we figured to give it a try. We both were very pleased. IT is a little artsy and different, but give it a try...some of the flavors that are developed are amazing. Overall the food was very good and it was just what we needed that evening after hitting the wine trail. Service here was at its best. Our host was very friendly and the servers went beyond to make us comfortable with the menu and offered many worthwhile suggestions. We are from the US and when we went to pay our bill the credit was denied. OUr server made no issue with that and along with the host took care of us and helped us get things situated with the credit company. Probably happens all the time, but nevertheless, it was handled in stride with no contempt. Well done.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The occasion was my fiancé's birthday, and it was my second visit to this fabulous restaurant and winery. The staff here goes to extraordinary lengths to make sure your dining experience is wonderful. I slipped the good folks at Trius the tidbit that we were celebrating a birthday, and of course, she was wished birthday greetings upon our arrival.

I will start with the wine. We ordered a bottle of Trius Cabernet Sauvignon. And to our amazement, our server came out with a decanter that measured nearly 3 feet tall. One of only 10 in Canada, the Cobra Verde decanter (named because it is green and coiled like its namesake) made by Reidel -- is a piece of art. Our server told us it takes about 2 hours of practice just to learn how to pour wine from it. The cabernet was smooth and full-bodied.

Make a special request and the good folks at Trius are all over it. On my previous visit, one of our diners in our group of 4, requested gluten-free and dairy-free offerings. The staff made sure her wishes were fulfilled. That evening they prepared excellent dishes that were not on the menu just for her.

On this visit, my fiancé chose the open-mushroom ravioli appetizer, while I had smoked salmon. But I had a special request before the appetizer came out -- and that was to take a peek at the winery barrel room. Much to our surprise and delight, Chris, our knowledgeable server, went out of his way to give us a mini tour of not only the barrel room, but the storage area where he showed us where more than 475,000 bottles of wine wait until they are ready to be released.

And then he took us down to the lower room of the operation and there, behind a huge wooden door. was "the library" a special barreling room where vintages are kept and sometimes exclusive private parties are held. This amazing wood-posted cavern, lined with barrels and bottles, reminded me of a medieval banquet hall.

Chris told us he had to get back upstairs to tend to his other guests, and, after making sure we knew how to get back ourselves, he left us on our own -- to our amazement and delight. It was only moments after we returned to our table, that our tasty appetizers arrived.

For our main course, we both ordered rack of lamb. It was served with a stuffed herb and mushroom pastry, and it was as succulent as it was beautifully presented. For dessert we enjoyed an excellent cheese tray (all locally sourced) with breads and jams.

Last, but not least, this contemporary dining room features ceiling-to-floor length windows that showcase the vineyard, which appears to stretch all the way to the horizon. Be prepared to invest a little time for your meal -- this three-course affair took two hours from start to finish. But the time seemed to pass quickly without gaps in service -- and the dining room was comfortable, and the music and atmosphere most enjoyable.

A final word of advice...If you have a special request, ask -- the Trius folks will go out of their way to fulfill it.

Thank you Trius for one of our best dining experiences -- ever.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been to this restaurant 5 to 6 time in the past ten years. Thing had been change from time to time. The servers still excellent. However I did expect the portion are very small. You can easily finish a 3 Courses meal. I went with my Wife and Daughter. All of us having a good time.
A family of 3 can have two Five Courses Meal with an addition main course.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We dined on Sunday and the only menu offered was a 3 course brunch menu so we decided to do it. It was a good decision. The food and wine pairings were excellent. Our server Michelle was very knowledgeable and friendly. She made the experience very enjoyable. They have a great staff and an amazing location, with a great view. I can't wait to come back in the summer and dine on the patio. I highly recommend Trius Restaurant!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I'll start by saying they are nice people. But amateurish. Young waiters enthusiastic about their job but looking like high school students. Plates that look upscale but average food. Ok wine. Ravine vineyard is much, much better.

1  Thank Claude C