“The Best Winery Restaurant in NOTL!!!”

Trius Winery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Trius Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Hillebrand Winery Restaurant celebrates the relationship between our land, our people, our wines and our food. Chef Frank Dodd showcases locally inspired cuisine made with ingredients from the bounty of Niagara Wine Country, and Winemaker Craig McDonald pairs them with wines made from grapes that grow in the same soil. Extend your stay in Wine Country, and allow us to arrange a private tasting in our Collector's Boutique or another Winery Experience prior to your meal.
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“The Best Winery Restaurant in NOTL!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Once again our dining experience at Truis Winery Restaurant was AMAZING!!! Everything from the way we were greeted to our departure. Not only are the wines fabulous but so was the whole evening, I guess this is why I want to remain a wine member at Trius for life! We attended the Fabulicious event and the food was extremely well presented and tasted amazing. They say presentation is everything and it does add an artistic flair to the dining experience. I had the Pot Atlantic Salmon Rillette, as well as the Trius Lamb Shank and finished off with the Dark Chocolate Tart and everything was absolutely delicious! My husband and our friends also thought that the whole evening was amazing from start to finish. Thanks again Trius for a lovely evening!

Niagara Falls, Canada
“We are not fussy but ...”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

every once in a while, we enjoy a lovely restaurant with well prepared fresh local food by a chef that knows what he is doing. It is nice to know where these places are when you want to go out for a celebration. We moved to this area I 1/2 yrs. ago and are thrilled at all the wonderful restaurants. Our Fabulicious dinner at the Trius Winery was a wonderful experience in fine dinning. I love eating on white china and theirs had different shapes for different courses. My husband and I usually order different choices of starters, main courses, and so on. That way we can taste each others dish and get to know the chef through his seasonings and combination of flavours. This Chef is a perfect match for us. We will be back. The starters-- he had the potted salmon rillette with beets and focaccia fingers. WOW ( that means delicious) I had hearts of Romaine with crab/shrimp salad, hens egg (the best egg ever eaten and it's just an egg cooked perfectly) and topped with a circle of Parmesan lace. This is what a chef calls de-constructed Ceasar Salad. Another WOW. Main Courses --- we both had the Rib Eye done each the way we ordered it, the peppercorn sauce was rich, the 4 huge fries where not greasy at all. Here, I could have used some salt but we most watch our salt intake right? My husband loves and needs his meat and potatoes. This portion was not enough for him, so he didn't refuse the half of my steak and two of my chunky fries that I slipped into his dish. The desserts -- He had the Trius Brut Parfait, every component was delectable especially the seabuckthorn sauce. I had the brown butter tart with caramel ice cream ( like silk), the pastry was crisp and tender. Our server Bradon was attentive but not in our face, each course was hot and cold when it needed to be. Each dish was well explained. I am handicapped (wheelchair) and made sure they knew how nice it is to have such a convenient beautiful restaurant that will accommodate me ( even in the washroom) . We love to do fine dinning.

Fonthill, Canada
“Fabulicious at Trius Restaurant - Hillebrand Estate Winery”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our group of friends decided to include Trius Restaurant as one of our choices for dinner during the Niagara on the Lake Fabulicious promotion. Three courses for $35 is a great bargain, but is the quality and portion size still up to par? There were no tablecloths on the tables - a cost saver during Fabulicious, but it does take away from the ambiance. We all enjoyed our appetizers - the Hearts of Romaine with Atlantic crab, shrimp salad, prosciutto and parmesan was delicious and filling. The entrees were a little less successful. I had the Wellington County dry aged beef rib eye with chunky duck fat fries. With only two small portions of meat, a tiny portion of spinach, and 4 fries, the dinner was far too skimpy as an entree. There should have been an additional meat portion or two, with more fries. A hearty eater like myself would not be satisfied with the portion size. The Manitoulin Island Trout filet with lobster mac and cheese was more substantial, and well received. The dark chocolate tart and the frozen Trius Brut Parfait were both wonderful though the winner was clearly the dark chocolate tart. Again it was very small with a tiny portion of ice cream, but the chocolate was deep and rich. A nice dinner with outstanding service. My only suggestion would be to increase the portion sizes especially on the entrees. No-one wants to leave after an evening out to dinner only to search out something more to eat after arriving home.

1 Thank myduty
Burlington, Canada
“As good as a Napa Restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is not your average winery trap of a restaurant. The food is absolutely incredible. If you go get the tasting menu with the upgraded wine. You won't be disappointed. You can tell that they put some thought into creating a menu and wine pairing that works. The service is always attentive and food is consistently amazing. Rarely do my wife and I visit Niagara on the lake without a visit to Trius restaurant.

Canton, Michigan
“Winemakers dinner”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We recently attended the Ice Wine makers dinner, and there is not one bad word I can say about it! It was a first class quality event !
Can't wait to attend another similar event!

Visited February 2014