“Honestly, I expected more”

Trius Winery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Trius Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Hillebrand Winery Restaurant celebrates the relationship between our land, our people, our wines and our food. Chef Frank Dodd showcases locally inspired cuisine made with ingredients from the bounty of Niagara Wine Country, and Winemaker Craig McDonald pairs them with wines made from grapes that grow in the same soil. Extend your stay in Wine Country, and allow us to arrange a private tasting in our Collector's Boutique or another Winery Experience prior to your meal.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was my friend's birthday, and we chose this winery for lunch due to all the great reviews. I was disappointed with the quality of the food.
The venue was stunning, and it was a warm day, but the food wasn't amazing. We paid $95!!! for lunch including tax and tip but excluding wine (wine was complimentary), and it was not a $95 lunch.
We had the bass filet, and it was average. Plain, and not cooked properly.
Unfortunately i will not be returning.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Enjoyed a leisurely meal that a chef should be proud of. Presented well by the staff who know their wines and pairing. As an anniversary choice, my partner chose well. Recommend the trout. Beautifully done.

Ciara M, Public Relations Manager at Trius Winery Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We're thrilled that we could help make your anniversary a special one! Please come and dine with us agains soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I celebrated by birthday with their pre-fixe menu offering and was so happy I made the last minute reservation. Amazing food and wine pairings recommended by our server and he made us feel like we were the only table in the restaurant. Try the cheesecake for dessert (if they still have it) and Ontario pork chop for the main!

We're so glad we met your expectations - especially for your birthday! Please come again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Trius Winery has a beautiful location. It would be a great place to hold a special event.

The staff were friendly and knowledgable; I liked their sparkling wine.

Ciara M, Communications Specialist at Trius Winery Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for coming! We're glad you had a great experience. We love our Trius Brut too!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of Trius wines, but the restaurant was highly recommended by the Inn we stayed at in NOTL

I can't say I was surprised by the quality of the meal based on how highly it cam recommended, but it was really very good. I started with the Romaine hearts, which was served wrapped in top quality prosciutto. This was one of the best fancy versions of a ceasar salad I have ever had. For the main I had the lamb, which I find is a hit or miss dish in most restaurants. This was a hit. Nothing over the top, but tasty without any gaminess.

The service was great. I don't have any idea what some of the other reviewers are complaining about. Our server was friendly, fast and we never waited for anything.

For a winery restaurant, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for sharing your experience! We're especially glad the lamb was a hit. We hope to see you again soon.