“A Charming Place”

Epicurean Fine Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
Epicurean Fine Foods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My friend and and I had a lovely dinner. When I inquired I was told that the trout was farm raised. Our waitress was very
pleasant and attentive. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My favorite lunch spot in Niagara on the Lake. Great outdoor eating area....large deck under a big shade tree. Sandwiches, soups, pizzas, quiches...all fresh and delicious! Great flavor combinations from the standards to the inventive. It can get crowded but the line moves pretty quickly.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the owner of the B&B where we were staying. It seemed to have mixed reviews, but I am glad we decided to try it. We got there kind of late (8:15 or so), and had no trouble getting seated. It was a beautiful night so we sat outside. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. Our main courses of scallops and trout were excellent and reasonably priced. There was a nice dry local gamay wine to complement the meal, and excellent bread. The dessert, blueberry pie was only iffy, but they had other desserts that looked better. We were the last ones out at around 10 pm, but never felt pushed. We definitely recommend it.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

While touring Niagara-on-the-Lakes, decided to take a break from walking and get something to eat. Dropped in the Epicurean and were so glad we did: fresh made sandwiches on choice of breads cut fresh off the loaf. Also pizza and variety of salads. Everything made fresh and very tasty.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

After a pleasant round of golf we decided to drive to Niagara-on-the-Lake for a relatively early dinner. It was a Monday and therefore fairly quiet as the theatres are dark on Mondays. The patio which is off the main street and actually across a small lane from the main restaurant was quiet and shaded by a very large tree, I think it's an oak but could be wrong. We were greeted and seated quite quickly and water and bread arrived quickly as well. We had an excellent waiter who quickly gauged that we were in no hurry but was attentive to our needs. he recommended a bottle of the local Pinot Gris which was excellent and answered all our questions about the menu.

The food came in an adequate time from the restaurant across the lane and was served on very hot plates. Our friends both had the "piri piri" chicken and said it was excellent along the fingerling potatoes that came as the side dish. My wife had the trout which was excellent and I had the scallops which were also good, although another couple of scallops for the price I paid would have been more appropriate. Nevertheless overall the food was very good as was the service and the ambiance on a pleasant evening was excellent.

We will be back on our next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.