“Outside patio is pretty”
Review of Tiara Restaurant

Tiara Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiara Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Melville Street
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We ate on the patio and it was beautiful with large baskets of flowers and gardens and a lovely fountain, and view of the harbor on the river. The food was very good, well-prepared, though service a bit slow. It was a delightful relaxed lunch.

There are newer reviews for Tiara Restaurant

Reviewed August 24, 2014

It has been one full year since we last visited the restaurant in 2013! Once again we celebrated our wedding anniversary sharing a romantic dinner....and breakfast for two with a view to the lake!
We were pleasantly surprised that the servers we had last year remembered us and greeted us warmly! Rose served us dinner and Jerry served us breakfast! Both were friendly and attentive in every which way throughout our meals! We truly feel that we were appreciated there!
A lovely and yet elegant venue for the two of us spending time together remembering the time we have had over the years!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Tiara is a great location and a setting. We sat on the lower tier by the window overlooking the patio with the Niagara River in the distance. It was a beautiful day so a wonderful venue for an evening meal.
I enjoyed the salmon tartar with the pickerel accompanied with purple spinach and couscous. It was all delicious. The pickerel was mild, no bones and beautiful flavor. I finished that with the ice cream and berries along with coffee. My wife enjoyed the Caesar salad and the surf and turf. It was delicious. Both meals were ample to feed a hungry person, very well prepared and presented.

The service by Rudy, Jane and Latisha was first class. The meal was on a special 3 course fixed price of $120 plus gratuity and wine since we were staying at the hotel. It certainly was a great meal.

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

'Above average for a hotel restaurant': in UK hotel's tend to have bland restaurants and many residents go elsewhere. Actually this was well above expectations.
Good food quality, and despite some modern dishes, portions generous.
I think they welcomed my small person having a proper meal, not just the fried junk from the kids menu: so, they magiced up the pasta base of an adult main course, which she really liked.
I welcomed much of the service: there were some very good senior staff at breakfast and dinner, but some others were clearly junior. However, I was annoyed by one who reminded me it is tradition to provide a tip: for me tip is for much above standard service, and felt I was asked for one by default. The last time someone did that was at a buffet in Manchester: tip - I had served myself, other than giving me a plate! I don't give tips when I picked up my own breakfast buffet too.
I also reviewed the Bacchus Lounge and will do for the hotel :)

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were treated to excellent service by our server, Rose, who went out of her way to make sure our anniversary dinner was exceptional, right down to "Happy Anniversary" written in Chocolate on our dessert platter! The food was very good and everything was just lovely. I would definitely recommend it.