“Elegant Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oban Inn

Oban Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Oban Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gate Street
Description: Since its beginning in 1824, the long tradition of the Oban Inn dining experience has been enjoyed by generation after generation of our returning guests. Savour "Four Diamond" creations combining Oban classics with modern gastronomy focusing on the region's fresh ingredients married with the outstanding harvest of Niagara Wines as chosen by our sommelier.
St. Catharines
“Elegant Dining”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Charming old hotel with an upbeat modern vibe. Very pretty view over the mouth of the Niagara River. Food was delicious and well served.

1 Thank Linda V

Cayuga
“Wedding”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Attended nephew's wedding/dinner here yesterday. Very nice venue and the meal was awesome. Staff very accomodating and great atmoshere.

Visited November 2012
Toronto area
“Never never again”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I and 6 friends had made a reservation for lunch at 12:00 and we all arrived on time. Some ordered appetizers which arrived after 12:30, and we all were presented with our entrees just after 1:00. Such a delay in receiving our meals with only three other guests in the dining room was unacceptable. I ordered the Toasted Sourdough Chicken Club for $19. It was not toasted, it seemed to 3 of us that it was just regular white sliced commercial bread, the Maple Bacon was white,undercooked, and limp, and the paper thin slices of hard tomato were flavorless. The chicken was all right. The accompanying salad of field greens looked fresh, but the dressing ( there was no choice )was unappetizing and tasted terrible. After one bite of this sandwich I could not carry on. It was disgusting. I did have dessert and it was excellent. When I complained to the server she made me feel that it was my fault -- I should have sent it back . I said that it should never have left the kitchen . Did I mention this sandwich was $19.00?. I will never return. And I live in this town.

2 Thank nodummies
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Another gem in old town”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have had several occasions of dining in this rebuilt niagara landmark. This inn burned down and was reconstructed on Site with lots of attention to detail. Atmosphere is warm and inviting, great lunch spot!

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Enjoyable but some elements missing”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'd been wanting to try the Oban Inn for lunch for some time and had a chance yesterday when friends came to visit. The surroundings are lovely and set the tone for a very nice, leisurely meal. We enjoyed the food and our server was friendly; however, for the price, which is at the high end of the scale (especially considering the portion size), it would have been nice to have been offered fresh ground pepper and to have had the tiny breadbasket refilled. I'm glad I had a chance to try the Oban and did enjoy it but with so many other restaurants in the area I likely wouldn't be rushing back again.

• Visited October 2012