“Close to home for food, wine, hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stone Road Grille - CLOSED

Stone Road Grille
Cuisines: Pizza, International, Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Niagara on the Lake
“Close to home for food, wine, hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is our "go to" restaurant when we want to be assured of quality and friendliness. They serve local wines/beers of Niagara and support the local farms. Perry, our host and owner, is always accommodating. Dan our waiter was superb. In addition, to these individuals all the staff acknowledged our presence and not just because we have had dinner there on numerous occasions. This time we shared an appetiser (the crab cakes) and we each had an entre then shared a dessert. We always like to sit at the bar for our time there. The fresh oysters are always excellent.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank GMCNiagara

Mendon, New York
“Surprising gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This unprepossessing restaurant in a small strip mall offers inventive dishes in a warm and comfortable setting. My husband and I shared a salad of roasted baby carrots and beets with a curry dressing that was sprinkled with crunchy quinoa that was one of the best we have ever had. For my entree I had seafood appetizer of grilled shrimp, crab cakes, and fish spreads that was plenty for a main course for one person. If you enjoy a restaurant that offers something different (although you can still get an excellent hamburger) you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank claireheff2014
“Way overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

This place was recommended by many different locals. We thought it had to be good, right!? Well, wrong. It was ok, nothing spectacular. The food is fresh, but many of the items on the menu are strange. If you are a picky eater like me, you will have a problem finding something to eat. We drove by the restaurant several times and by the looks of it from the outside, you would never even know it is a restaurant. I'm glad we tried it but if we lived in the area, we wouldn't go back. Didn't hate it, but didn't think it was good as everyone said.

Visited July 2014
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Ideal for Pre-Theater”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Good food, lively atmosphere, genial serving staff. Our server was new on the job (one has to start somewhere) and the hostess was overseeing her quite ably. Located in a strip mall one would have been expecting "fast food" but the menu is anything but: it's original, well-prepared and presented, and we found our starters and entrees all to our liking. Will definitely return on our next visit to the Shaw Festival.

Visited August 2014
“Bit of a let down ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I went here because we heard good things about this restaurant. It's a smaller restaurant oddly placed in a strip plaza, just a stroll from downtown NOTL. We didn't have reservations but were happily seated by the host during the dinner hour. There wasn't much on the menu to accommodate my fiancé (a gluten free vegetarian). I ordered the burger (prices around $17). I figured for that price, it's got to be good. Unfortunately, I found it lacked seasoning and didn't have the bold flavour I had hoped. The fries were good. We found this restaurant crowded and overpriced for what we got. I had hoped for a better experience after reading an article posted in The Standard about this restaurant. Overall, I would probably recommend a different restaurant when out of town friends visit.

2 Thank Steve S