“Oh what a night!”
Review of Stone Road Grille - CLOSED

Stone Road Grille
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I don't even know where to begin??? My life long girlfriends and I met the lovely Perry in the afternoon while on The Niagara Culinary Tour. Later, we went to The Old Winery Restaurant for dinner and had a horrible experience. Left there 2 hours after arriving with no dinner(please read my review!) and decided to go back to the The Stone Road Grille. We got to the Stone Road Grille at 10:15 & Perry met us with open arms. He, his amazing cooks and staff had us well fed and liquefied in no time! Best rib-eye EVER!!! He is the warmest host I (can't speak for the other girls) have ever met. Thanks Perry - we (here I can speak for the other girls) wish you and Heidi all the success in the world in your restaurant - we'll be back (maybe with our hubbies this time),
Christie

2  Thank Christie C
There are newer reviews for Stone Road Grille

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Don't let the exterior deter you from coming in! ( we almost didn't go in!) So glad we did! This was one of our favourite dinners we've had to date and we love to eat! We recommend getting the wine pairing with the suggested food- this made our evening! Everything was perfect and the ambiance was fun and laid back. We will absolutely be going back and telling everyone we know that they absolutely MUST try it!

2  Thank MichelleChris857
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I work in NOTL and have frequented Rest-to-go many times for take out fresh unique sandwiches. Today I brought a friend and I was raving about thir fresh breads that melted in your mouth and great flavours...we were very dissapointed :(. Our roast beef sandwich was on a stale "fresh homemade sourdough bun" and the jerk chicken wrap tasted nothing like jerk chicken and was all around gross. I loved this place but am wondering if there have been some changes there because things were definatly up to par..especially for $10 sandwiches

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The nondescript-looking restaurant in a strip mall off the beaten track of this tourist town is a real hidden gem. Anyone attending the Shaw Festival should consider it. We were there last Sunday for lunch before the matinee performance, and once again, the service and the food was impeccable. The food is always interesting, healthy and well-presented. There is also an interesting story about the name of the restaurant, as you will discover.

1  Thank George T
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I wanted to try a new place to have supper prior to our show at the Shaw in this tourist infested town. Many of the best venues in this beautiful town are expensive if not downright overpriced. This restaurant is in a nondescript strip mall a couple of kilometres from the theatre district. It is somewhat hard to find because the red sign on the premises just has REST on it.
Inside the windows are all blocked off, and so it is dark. The decor is very heavy with tables pushed very close to each other. It is certainly not a very romantic place for a romantic meal, and not a place you wish to linger for long.
What it is though is a decent restaurant for a reasonably priced meal in this pricey town. My wife had an endive salad which was small but delicious, and I had a potatoe soup which was also small but salty. Our mains, risotto with prawns, were also small but good, though still salty. Due to the lack of sufficient food quantity we ate a lot of the tasty bread which was happily supplied.
The service was excellent throughout.
If you wish to get away from the touristy and expensive main drag for your night out in this lovely town, the Stone House Grille might be worth a try, but not if you wish to impress your date or have a romantic evening out with someone special. Also be prepared to leave with your stomach half or a quarter empty.