“SERVICE SERVICE SERVICE”
Review of Stone Road Grille - CLOSED

Stone Road Grille
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Service was excellent very attentive. Great place for couples to talk and not be rushed. I had the bison and my lady had the stripped sea bass. Calamari to start. Best wine selection in Niagara.
Main course choices limited but something for everybody. Have been going there for years on special occasions. Heidi and Perry the owners are great hosts. Feel good spending my money there never a complaint.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

In planning for mother's day I do quite a bit of research looking at the menus as well as reviews; as it's a day the whole family gets together to celebrate our mother so it deserves to be well planned. After examining both the menu as well as the reviews I was quite excited that stone road grille could accommodate us. I even called to double check that the menu online (ie the regular lunch menu) was the menu that would be used for mother day on the friday (2 days beforehand). I was assured that this in fact was the menu and that there might be a few specials of the day. It was shocking when we walked in and saw a price-fix menu (which actually had no prices). When I mentioned this to the server I was informed there was no option for the standard menu. Our server did not apologize for the confusion, nor did he clarify with the kitchen or the manager that the a la carte was not an option. I have a few food restrictions which is why I planned in advance however stone road grille seemed less than willingly to accommodate. Our service was overall terrible. Our server didn't return to see if we needed anything throughout our meal, did not offer us coffee or tea, nor did he return with the dessert menu (included in the price-fix), rather stated well 'we have chocolate or lemon'. Overall he was very unprofessional.

The food itself was tasty, my credits to the chef, however the menu I offered was not one I personally would have chosen. So while the chef's creativity saved our mother's day brunch I would never return to this restaurant due to their terrible service or inability to respond (or even acknowledge) their mistake. In addition family members with us today work in the local hospitality industry and will be certain not to recommend this restaurant in the future.

2  Thank covells07
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Fantastic food, service and atmosphere! The food is so creative and the restaurant is upscale without being pretentious. It is a fun and relaxing place to have a meal. My house made pasta with smoked chicken was wonderful as well as my husbands steak. The cheese board served as a great appetizer for the two of us to share. Our server was having difficulty reaching our hotel' shuttle so the owner offered to drive us back to our hotel! Wow! This is definitely one of NOTL's best restaurants!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Always exceeds my expectations! Great atmosphere for any occasion, whether it's an intimate dinner for two or a group gathering. Maybe not the best spot to bring small children as it's fairly upscale (without being snooty!) I have enjoyed many dinners here and always look forward to our next visit. Tip: leave room for the sticky toffee pudding! :)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Amazing food, wine, atmosphere, service, and the list goes on and on. they stop at nothing to make sure that you are completely satisfied! even flowers in the bathroom as an added touch.

I can remember the name, but get the pudding for dessert.

one complainant is that it is a little out of the small village and a 15 min walk. but that is just where we were staying. that's really the only complaint I have.