“Nice menu, good service.”
Review of Stone Road Grille - CLOSED

Stone Road Grille
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice menu, good service.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our party of four had a pre-theatre dinner at the Stone Road Grille in mid-September and enjoyed it very much. The menu was extensive, the food was well-prepared and presented, the service was excellent. We had no difficulty getting to the theatre on time. We would certainly recommend the Grille to anyone dining before an evening production of the Shaw Festival plays.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Ottawans

Exeter, Canada
“Great food, funky decore, fair service.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We just had our 6th meal at this hidden gem in Niagara on the Lake. The food was dependably excellent, a little pricey, but worth the price. The wine list is exclusively Niagara and definitely in the high end price wise. We had a Cave Sring La Pella which seemed high at $63, but I later found it at the winery for $40 ( a very modest mark-up, although I am not certain that the vintage was the same). The service was only fair as the restaurant was somewhat understaffed, previously we have had excellent service.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 917BillM
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Great Service and food but pricey.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My Husband and I went to Stine Road Grill on August 8 for dinner. We did have a hrd time finding it as it is tucked into a strip plaze, on the side with a very small sign.
We were the first to arrive but it filled up quickly with couples, families and a couple of larger tables with groups of 6 or 8. It is a very small restaurant but well laid out.
The menu has ony a few choices but the food was excellent!!! As were the appetizers and you can get oysters on the half shell for $3.00 each. Large selection of wine, but again expensive.
It is very pricey but you soon see the quality of the food and we found the service remained excellent even after it got busy.
Save this place for a special occasion. For the 2 of us with one glass of wine each and one appetizer each our bill with tip was $167.00, so we won't be going often.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Laba2013
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great food but overpriced. Bad service.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was very good but a little overpriced. If I pay $25 for a dish that includes 1 scallop, I expect it to blow me away and I also expect great service. Neither of those happened. This restaurant may have gotten 4 stars but the service was borderline terrible. Our waiter was busy, yes, but it was a Friday night on a holiday weekend. I highly doubt it was a surprise that the place was packed. He was barely attentive. I don't think at this price point I should have to ask my waiter to fill my water glass because he hasn't been by the table in 20 minutes. He was frequently in the area but didn't bother to check in with us or take note of what we may need. Dirty dishes sat on our table for extended periods of time.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kristy R
Ontario, New York
“Post theater Delight”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We discovered The stone road grille after a search for the Mary Street address. This place is tucked back in a corneer strip mall with only the word "REST" visable from Mary Street. The service was excelennt and the we rated the food the best we have enjoyed on our many visit to Niagara on the Lake. Great Oyster bar and a fine wine selection with parings for each entree.
If you enjoy great food and a delightful dining experience dont miss stopping at the Stone Road grille while in town either before or after a festival performance!

• Visited September 2013