“Simply Amazing”

Ginger Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small intimate dining room serving a variety of Asian-fusion food and local Ontario wines. Our menu features a fusion of Western dishes with an Asian flair - with influences from Japanese, Chinese, Indian and other South-East Asian cuisine. Prices range from $9-$13 for Appetizers and $20-$26 for Entrees.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

First of all the atmosphere and service are absolutely amazing, friendly and polite. I ordered the strip loin steak which was cooked to perfection, to my liking, the meat was top quality and great prices! Ill surely be visiting again. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Nick K
There are newer reviews for Ginger Restaurant

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We came here after reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor - and our experience met with the expectation. We went on a Saturday night, had made a reservation - good thing too, it was busy. And I have to say that although it was really busy, the service was still very timely. And friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes.

I had the soup of the day - it was split pea with wasabi and bacon. I love soup and this was one of the best ones I've ever had, worth the trip right there! The spice was subtle (not overpowering) - just the way I like it. And it had a rich, smokiness to it. Delicious.

Our entrees were: Pickerel and the Strip-Loin with peppercorn sauce. Both were excellent. The strip loin came with fries seasoned with Five-Spice, what an unusual and delightful switch from regular fries. Overall we were very impressed, with the atmosphere, the service and especially the food.

1  Thank MorningGlory81
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The portions are small as in cuisine minceur, but the food is out of this world. The Ontario trout was so good and my husband said he had never had such good duck (he goes to Chinatown in Montreal often).

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The salmon spring rolls were a nice start to our meals. We then had the Coconut Thai Curry Shrimp ad Strip Loin Steak. Both meals were delicious. For desert we split a vanilla crème Brule. A nice finish to an excellent meal. As out first time visit we will be back to try their other entrees.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My friend and I were on a bus trip to take in the Shaw Festival and I had looked this restaurant up on Trip Advisor. I called and made a reservation. When we came out of the theatre to call a cab , we found out that there are no cabs in Niagara -on-the-Lake. One must come from St Catherine's. As hard to beleive as this is, it is true. We went into a bicycle tour shop near the theatre to find out where Mary St. was and a lovely gentleman from there drove us to the restaurant , came in with us, and told the waiter that we needed to get back to the theatre for the 8 p.m. performance. Our food was delicious, I had the strip loin steak and my friend had the pan seared pickerel. The atmosphere was very nice but we were somewhat distracted looking around at the other patrons wondering if they were going to the theatre and if they would give us a ride. The waiter came over and said that no one was going to the theatre but if we wanted to go now that one of the staff would drive us.A lovely young lady took us back to the theatre and would not accept any compensation. We had tipped the waiter generously so that was okay.