“Special Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Escabeche

Escabeche
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
St. Catharines, Canada
“Special Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the restaurant for a 3 generation celebration for Mother's Day Grace gave outstanding service. The food, the tea and the décor was perfect for this day of celebration. They were very accommodating to my mother with her injury and were very friendly thru out. We would definitely, go back and would recommend this restaurant for a special tea with family and or friends.

1 Thank Kim D

Syracuse, New York
“Not to be Missed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a lovely meal here. Locally sourced items and great local Niagara Wines. Service was polished and very enjoyable. Highly recommend for a special night out.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank RidlerGirl67
“Atmospheric and delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I took our Mothers for afternoon tea at The Prince of Wales. It was a very pleasant, comfortable and picturesque inside (I believe it was called "the drawing room"?). Our server Grace, was very hospitable and attentive. She always had a smile on her face and had a very pleasant attitude! Regarding the food: when I called to make reservations, I was asked if there were any dietary restrictions and I told them that's husband is Vegan. They did their very best to accommodate him! However.... He did not enjoy it. Which is really sad, because they were truly so accommodating! However, it would be nice if they incorporated a true "vegan" selection into their afternoon tea menu which would include some soy based "meat" or seitan...and a cheese replacement like Daiya, unread of just vegetables all the time. The sandwiches were all tasty, however I must say they were a little lack-lustre. There was a salmon (paste?) sandwich that had barely any ... Paste... Or whatever it was. It was good,
but lacking. They had salmon pinwheels at one time, I wish they would have them again! The cucumber sandwich I actually really liked! Very tasty. Scones were lovely with the jam and clotted cream. The tea I had was the "Himalayan red Rose"... It was lovely and fragrant. Overall, it was very enjoyable (Atleast for me!). Price-wise, $33ish dollars per person is a bit much but worth it overall.

2 Thank Natale W
erie pa
“lovely meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have had several meals recently at prince of wales hotel restaurant and the breakfast I had today was also just as lovely. Though this morning they were not busy and I found the service to be quite slow.. The " deviled" poached eggs with guacamole were light,, perfect and the mixed fruit that came with was fresh and wonderful, though I have to say the amount of food was perfect for me but men might want for more.the restaurant could not be prettier in an old world style. beautiful!

Toronto
“Just as I expected, Great Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Amazing food,a very nice atmosphere and good service. We've eaten here several times now and I highly recommend Escabeche.

Visited April 2014