“dinner”
Review of Cannery Restaurant

Cannery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cannery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: King Street
Description: The Cannery menu will appease every appetite with a balanced selection of steak, seafood, and vegetarian options. Our Executive Chef prepares generous portions that allow local Niagara-on-the-Lake ingredients to shine. Top it all off with a sweet and savoury dessert featuring fresh local fruits or devilishly dark chocolate. Every guest will leave satisfied with great service and an outstanding taste of Ontario cuisine. Every dish can be complemented by a selection from our extensive Wine List, filled with local and international favourites.
Reviewed August 23, 2014

excellent food and service. pleasant atmosphere. coupon from B&B for free dessert and complimentary shuttle to and from theatre was a bonus.

1  Thank jarsyjr
There are newer reviews for Cannery Restaurant

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Food was good. Presentation factor VERY good. Ramsay would be proud. Was disappointed with lack of menu items, beyond seafood. Also not impressed with wait time for food to come out, once ordered.

1  Thank white_rice76
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our party comprised three adults and a child. Two adults had the special, a surf and turf ($56) and both said it was excellent. I had the rack of lamb ($42) and it was rarer than I asked for and a bit too fatty, even for lamb. My son had a burger with fries -- which was a very generous portion and very good. We tried a desert and it was very good as was the wine we ordered. Service was excellent, friendly and efficient. I had asked for a nice table when I booked through Open Table, and was disappointed to be seated in a very tucked away spot by the elevator at the back of the restaurant.

The restaurant is clearly a fine dining establishment, but I felt the décor looked a bit tired and the ambiance lacking. Overall, I can't say I was as thrilled with the overall experience as I had thought I would be -- especially for the price, and the excellent reputation of The Pillar and Post Hotel, where The Cannery is based.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Food was excellent, prime rib was out of this world, and my wife had short ribs she still dreams of. Great wine selection and dessert of profiteroles and creme brulee really topped it off. An excellent dinner experience and well worth the money.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Cannery. Service was very friendly and quick. The room was spacious and pleasant. The food was delicious. The only thing that needed improvement, was the music. With all the variety and quality of music available today, it was a shame to have to listen to something so outdated.

1  Thank Caperlin