“Re-visit after a number of Years”
Review of Cannery Restaurant

Cannery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cannery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: King Street
Description: The Cannery menu will appease every appetite with a balanced selection of steak, seafood, and vegetarian options. Our Executive Chef prepares generous portions that allow local Niagara-on-the-Lake ingredients to shine. Top it all off with a sweet and savoury dessert featuring fresh local fruits or devilishly dark chocolate. Every guest will leave satisfied with great service and an outstanding taste of Ontario cuisine. Every dish can be complemented by a selection from our extensive Wine List, filled with local and international favourites.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The last time I had Lunch at the cannery was a mediocre experience. I have been patronizing Queens Landing and have been impressed with both the food and Service.
I took a group of friends (8) for an After Show dinner to do our comparisons.
Must admit we were all very pleased, The crab cakes and steamed mussels were excellent, Our Main Course of Lamb, Salmon, Scallops and Prawns and Prime Rib were cooked to perfection. Portions are generous, Bread and churned butter Delicious, did not leave much room for dessert, I had to have a doggy bag. Both our servers Derek and Sharon were efficient, pleasant , knowledgeable and accommodating. Price Point was within the range of a quality Dinner, Why would you Dine anywhere Else? + You have the ambiance thrown in.

1  Thank Margaret B
There are newer reviews for Cannery Restaurant

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Was within walking distance of our hotel. Ambiance was great and service was wonderful. My husband's surf and turf was a little disappointing. Lobster tail was very small and so was the steak for the price point. Overall a good time.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

It was very close to the B&B we were staying at and the mushroom soup we both had was some of the best I've eaten. Both our dinners were very good and the price was reasonable.

2  Thank susie M
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Ambiance was great! Very quiet and beautiful. Server was AMAZING - one of the best we've ever had. The food was outstanding. Very unique selections. Cant wait to go back!

1  Thank dancing_queen87
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here one night on our recent stay in Niagara On The Lake.

Our server was Derek, and he was fantastic. He made some recommendations from the wine and dinner menus that were spot on. He spent the time to chat with us a bit (which we like) without being annoying. he made our dinner experience a memorable one.

Our meals were fantastic. We shared a "sampler" appetizer and after that I wish we had each had our own... because it was so good that I wanted more. We both ordered steaks. I ordered the rib-eye medium rare. It was done a bit more that I like but it was tender and tasty so this is not a complaint. My wife ordered the tenderloin medium well and it was just the way she likes it. The grilled veggies that came with our meals were fantastic.

We were getting pretty full by then and talked about splitting a dessert but couldn't come to an agreement on which one to get. So we ended up each getting our own... which was a mistake since neither of us was able to finish it.

Overall we would highly recommend the Cannery and hope to dine here again sometime in the future.

1  Thank jkingma