“Superb B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

BranCliff Inn
MI
“Superb B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Beautiful inside and out, and Debbie Laufs-Tataryn was a perfect host! Our family stayed in 2 of the suites - the Cranberry and the Blue, both lofts. Both suites were extremely well appointed, spacious, and very comfortable. The dining room where breakfast was served is an elegant room, and the breakfast buffet included an extensive variety and was very good. We definitely would return!

Room Tip: We highly recommend the Cranberry & the Blue loft suites.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

As Aussies living in CA for a year, we brought our daughter and friends from Australia to Niagara on the Lake for two nights. After staying in a delightful B&B on a previous visit we decided to treat our friends to a similar experience this time booking BranCliff without knowing anything about it.
What a delight! We were more than impressed. The rooms are beautifully appointed, clean and delightfully comfortable to sleep in. We all had mezzanine rooms with the beds upstairs and living and bathroom downstairs. Our host, Debbie, was friendly and welcoming and her personally made breakfast surpassed any we have had in a B & B anywhere in the world.
Situated within walking distance to the Main Street, theatres and restaurants and the lake and river fronts the Inn has ample parking spaces for guests.
We would definitely recommend BranCliff to anyone looking for a special visit to the delightful Niagara on the Lake region.

Room Tip: All the rooms we had were great with different layouts. The front rooms also have front and side fac...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond Hill, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I and another couple just spent a night at the BranCliff Inn. We met a wonderful host Debbie. The BranCliff Inn is a gorgeous place to stay. The rooms are all beautiful and extremely comfortable. Debbie really thought of absolutely everything for the rooms. The bathrooms are impeccable. She has thought of everything. It is so clean!!! The breakfast is divine. Where do you go and have scrambled eggs at a buffet that are HOT, FRESH, FLUFFY and not runny. Well, go see Debbie!! I cannot say one bad thing about the BranCliff Inn except that I wish we could have stayed another night. We are already booked for next year. Thank you Debbie! You are a fantastic host!!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room choice!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dorset, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We recently returned from our second stay at this truly wonderful B&B. The new owners Mark and Debbie opened for business a little more than a year ago and we were among their first customers. We had enjoyed staying there previously when it was the Alison House and wanted to try out the new management. We could not be more pleased with the transition. The building itself is a uniquely restored school house with extraordinary woodwork and panelling throughout, high ceilings and very comfortable accommodations. The location is perfect, on a quiet side street within a ten-minute walk of the main thoroughfares and all three theatres. The breakfasts are sumptuous with a wide variety of choices. We will book there again on our next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at BranCliff Inn with hosts Debbie and Mark, a husband and wife team who work tirelessly to ensure a beautiful experience and that all of your needs and wishes are met. The Inn is a gorgeous mansion with old world details and all of the modern amenities. Our room was on two stories (bed upstairs/living room and bathroom downstairs). We like this arrangement so that my husband can work on his computer and not disturb me. The room was kept spotlessly clean. Breakfast is included and was delicious every day, served with fine silver and china. The Niagara peaches were warmed by Debbie every morning and served with pancakes and bacon as well as many other delicious choices. The location is superb, especially if you plan to attend the theaters. All three theaters are within easy walking distance. Room rates are very reasonable considering all that is received, including the TLC. I would highly recommend BranCliff Inn to all who appreciate fine things and wonderful service.

Austin, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the BranCliff Inn in September 2013. The home is very unique! The bed was extreemly comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic. the rooms (more like suites) were extreemly clean and well appointed. Deb was amazing. (She put out breakfast early on our final day because we had to get up and out early).

I would highly recommend the BranCliff Inn to my friends and family... and my wife and I will definitly be staying at the BranCliff Inn again.

Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Recently, I came to Niagara-on-the-Lake to catch two plays in one day. I usually don't stay over, but this time, it seemed rather daunting to make the drive home alone after 11 p.m. to Durham Region. A day or two before, I checked available places close to the Festival and Royal GeorgeTheatres, and BranCliff came up among the top five. It looked positively enchanting, so I booked immediately. My first-hand impression, in person, confirmed that it was even more charming (the photo doesn't do it justice - and it's a great photo!). Inside was even more beautiful and Debbie kindly shared some of the history of the building with me. (My boyfriend will surely regret having had to work this weekend! He missed out on a supremely comfortable bed, and a delicious hot and cold repast the next morning!)

I make the trek to Niagara-on-the-Lake several times each summer, and now I can't wait to visit again, just so that I can stay at BranCliff! Beautiful decor, great food, and a charming and thoughtful hostess. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: The entire inn is very quiet, seeing as it's set on a tree-lined side street. I think any room w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo