“A weekend to Remember”

Via Veneto
Amherstburg
“A weekend to Remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Wow! Where do I begin, once again we experienced a weekend we will never forget. From the moment we walked through Marie & Joe's front doors they welcomed us like we were family. Our room was spectacular and the beds so comfortable that we slept like babies. The breakfast was like no other because Joe is a culinary artist. His dessert for breakfast both days were a work of art. Marie and her attention to detail, is the finishing touches on a breakfast experience like no other. I would stay no where else in Niagara on the Lake and highly recommend Via Venuto to anyone who want to experience a taste of Italy!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank joanne292

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Via Veneto after our daughters wedding, for a 2 day getaway. We were greeted by our hostess Maria on the day we arrived and instantly I knew I was going to love my stay. Our room was spotless and beautifully decorated, just as the rest of the house was. Joe, our host, bravo...your cooking skills were out of this world. We are planning on coming back next summer with our children and renting out the whole house. I enjoyed our conversations every morning with these lovely people and got to know them. This was my first time at a B & B, thank you Maria and Joe it was memorable one. See you soon-Angie and Bill.

1 Thank Angie K
Wilder, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was our first time in Niagara-on-the-Lake staying at Via Veneto helped to make this a memorable experience. We plan to go back some day. Maria and Joe are wonderful hosts and the breakfasts prepared by Joe are truly feasts. Both days we had three course meals. The food presentation and quality is wonderful. When we return to this wonderful town we will be staying at Via Veneto again.

1 Thank HarryWilder_Vermont
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We needed a couple of days away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. Via Veneto was the perfect choice for a place to stay. We can't compliment Joe and Maria enough on providing us with such a wonderful, memorable mini vacation. Their B&B is impeccably clean and beautifully decorated. The tiled bathroom was gorgeous and was suited to our needs. We loved the convenience of having a place to find snacks, bottled water, and a coffee maker.
The breakfast offered was unbeatable. Not only were many different kinds of food offered, but they were of 5 star quality, every bite being fresh and delicious. The service was fantastic. Both Maria and Joe aim to please. They have such good attitudes when it comes to pleasing their guests. Maria made a special effort to make my husband and I decaf coffee since we can't drink regular coffee. Always with a smile and trying to please, both Maria and Joe did their best to make our stay at Via Veneto a truly relaxing, and enjoyable time. We love Via Veneto and will recommend it to all our friends. Jane and Jimmy from New Jersey

Room Tip: We stayed in the Venetian room. It had a stall shower, which was fine for us. There is another roo...
1 Thank Jane262626
toronto, canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

My review would have been very different until just now. We stayed at Via Veneto over the weekend and although the room was lovely, location great, the host was NOT hospitable post stay when i emailed a complaint on room temperature.
Our room temperature was put to well over comfortable level on our second night, i would say 30degrees, we got home too late so didn't want to bother the host. Upon contacting the host the next day, she attacked me, telling me I was lying, no other client complained. She then proceeded to say we made no attempt to get to know them or the other guests, as far as i'm concerned it's the host's job not mine to get to know other guests. I could not make it to breakfast during my stay and I was accused of lying when I left at 9am (breakfast time ) to join a wine tour (1hr away). Last time i checked, it is a choice not obligation to sit down and have breakfast at a B&B.
Anyways, I dont have time to continue to explain the most recent conversation with this host, but i will definitely not recommend this place, unless you are ready to sit down with this sporadic woman for breakfast on her time every day of your stay, regardless of your schedule, and be prepered to chat with the other guests unless you want your head bitten off.

6 Thank cordelias
SummerItalia, Owner at Via Veneto, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
It is very unfortunate to see such a bad review. My husband and I have been running our bed and breakfast for 5 years and we have never come across a guest we were unable to accomodate or help in any way.

The guests booked a two night stay with us for the weekend. The morning after their first night stay, I noticed that they were leaving the house before breakfast. I went outside to ask them if they would be joining us for breakfast. We have in the past offered to serve breakfast early for guests who were unable to join us at our regular time and I thought that might be case. They declined and drove away.

The guests spent the day out of the house. They returned from dinner and immediately retired to their room for the evening. At 1:16am, my husband and I heard some noise in the driveway as we were still awake. We looked out the window to see the guests driving away. I checked their room. All of their luggage was gone and the front door was left unlocked, placing my family and my other guests at risk. The guests did not let me know if there was anything I could do for them. They didn't notify me of any concerns or issues. They simply drove away in the middle of the night with no attempt to contact me or settle their bill since they chose to depart early.

The following morning I received an email from the guest telling me that they left because she felt that the heat was very high in the house and that she could not sleep comfortably, despite the fact that she said she slept very comfortably the first night. She also told me in the email that since she was uncomfortable she would not be paying for the second night stay.

The temperature in the house does not fluctuate as we have a programmable thermostat set at 21.5 degrees Celsius (about 70 degrees Fahrenheit). The temperature was not altered at any time during her stay. Furthermore each room has a 3-speed ceiling fan, fully functioning windows and also heating vent closures which allow the guest to limit the amount of heat flowing into their room.

To ensure my guests' needs are taken care of I have a cell phone that they may contact at any time, 24 hours a day. My business card is placed in each of the rooms, as well as in the foyer. I also assure them that they can simply knock on the door to my living room at any time.

In my years of running a bed and breakfast I have never had a guest leave in the middle of the night due to an issue that could have been easily resolved. Nor have I ever had a guest refuse payment over their choice to leave.

The other couples staying that weekend both wrote to me to tell me about the wonderful time they had and that they wished they could have stayed longer.

It's a shame that the situation could not have been resolved during their stay. Since the guests made no attempt to approach me or contact me about the issue, I was unable to honour their demands for a free stay.
Sunset Beach. NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

We were invited to stay at Via Veneto with friends based on their research for the ultimate breakfast. The pictures on the website of the assortment of breakfasts can't compare with tasting the array of foods provided by the Master Chef at Via Veneto every morning. From the start of Breakfast right down to the homemade desserts our taste buds were pleasantly surprised! Presentation was superb! A very friendly and comfortable atmosphere located within walking distance to the main shopping on Queen Street. If you are looking for the "Ultimate Breakfast with an Italian flare from a TRUE MASTER CHEF, book Via Veneto for your taste buds!! You will not be sorry!!

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable with private baths. Immaculate! Flat screen tvs in all three rooms.
Lima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Only to repeat all the nice comments of the people who preceed this commentary. Friendly hosts, impecable room, wonderful location, and last but not least "the breakfast" wooooowwww!!!! delicious.
Joe and Maria deserve an A+ as hostesses.