“Tasty food, poor management”
Review of Andiamo Ristorante - CLOSED

Andiamo Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I visited this place last winter, not another customer inside, waited too long for the pizza. However, the pizza was good therefore we visited again. The food was good again, we served 2 types of pizza( quattro formaggi and pizza bianca) grilled chicken and chicken tenders. We choose the patio which reminded me of a patio 10 years ago in Eastern Europe just without the tablecloth and the fancy tableware and without any music(?).The waiters seem overworked and underpaid, poor girls run up and down constantly. There's a grumpy bus-man that doesn't add to the picture at all, he slammed the door in front of one of the waitresses. Portions are rather oversized. If these would be halved the price could be increased for the remaining half and the waiters could be better paid which would put a smile on their face? Maybe, maybe not. It rather felt like these employees really wanted to be somewhere else.The general feeling was that customers are being treated like tourists: ripped off and kicked out so the next one can take their place. Poor management overall. I will not be going back as I am sure there are places where I can serve good food and be treated nicely in a cosy and tension free environment.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This used to be called Vianni's and we thought it was a different owner but is just a name change. It is ok but other, better choices are all nearby.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We visited for dinner one evening and waited quite a while for our food. It was tasty when it arrived, but my husband thought his portion was a bit measly.
The couple at the table next to us ordered the veal, which was clearly off. This was replaced, but was undercooked and they sent it back again.
It was of but I wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Recommended to us to try before attending the Shaw Festival for an evening performance. We were met promptly and warmly welcomed and seated promptly on the rear patio in the sunshine. Our server arrived shortly to inquire about beverages. We order 2 apps to share among 3 of us. The lobster cakes were excellent, properly coked and served with fresh greens and aioli sauce which was great with the cakes and greens. The shrimp and scallop skillet with veggies was okay but the scallops were well over-cooked. My wife and I ordered the veal parmigiana in which the veal was over-cooked with the breading almost burnt along the edges. Our daughter ordered the seafood risotto, again the scallops and mussels were over-cooked. We passed on dessert.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Reading the other reviews, I find it interesting that they are so diverse. It's obvious that some things are better than others, but my experience was positive. Parpadelle with Bolognese was al dente, the sauce sufficiently seasoned with a reasonable amount of lamb and very tasty. The Caesar salad was cold, crisp and quite good. Both were adequate to share. The restaurant is owned by the Greek place next door and is a good spot for families who don't want to pay the higher prices at other Queen St. locations.

1  Thank boltsnnuts