“Hidden Gem in Niagara On The Lake - Comfortable, Amazing Service & Location”
Review of Cecile's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Cecile's House
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I stayed in the French Room with my boyfriend for a weekend and was blown away by Cecile's House. The room was cozy and well equip with a little flat screen TV and bathrobes. The (private) bathroom is a short walk down the hall which wasn't at all a problem for us. Chris was a great host and made us feel right at home. He knew everything there is to know about the region and gave us tips on where to eat and which vineyards to visit. He even stocks a little drawer of sweets and toiletries that you can purchase for $1. There is a communal mini fridge with wine glasses so that you can store and enjoys your purchases from the vineyards. The breakfast was to die for - Chris is an amazing chef and the food was all fresh and homemade. The location was perfect, close to the main street and the waterfront. I will for sure be visiting Cecile's House again and recommending it to all of my friends. Thanks for a great stay Chris!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank healthytravel17

Reviewed April 5, 2010

By far the best B&B we've ever stayed at. Chris, who runs the place was a gracious host. The house is gorgeous, like out of an 18th century French story! We only stayed one night and we were the only guests there. The house is down the lane from the lake, the town, restaurants and parks. Chris, who is a French chef made us the best breakfast I have had in my life. Freshly baked bread and an array of treats all for just the two of us. It was the morning of my 30th birthday, and oh what a way to start the year!

I would go back to Cecile's house in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank brownie06
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I recently stayed at this B&B with my partner just before xmas. We were visting family and wanted a night away. I wanted to book the hotel from London and was able to dothis easily enough by emailing Chris, the owner. He replied promptly and even sent an confirming email shortly before the day we were due to arrive.

I was very impressed upon arrival by the home, which was immacuately decorated for the holidays. We werer the only guests but givent eh time of year I did not see this as unusual. We were shown all of the rooms each having it's own character. We were given an upgrade at no extra charge.

In the evening we were able to bring back a bottle of local wine and open it by the fireplace in the livingroom. We sat by the open fire in peace, enjoying a local bottle. There are provisions for such a thing, including glasses and corkscrew in the main hall for guests to use.

I can not say enough how wonderful was the breakfast. Chris also does all the cooking and made a wonderful breakfast of French specialties and a few continental elements. We both ate more than we needed in an attempt to try each of the delicious offerings.

Whislt not so much a foactor for us, for those who are looking for accomodation which is central to the main town, this is a good choice. Short of giving a step by step account of my stay, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Cecile's and would pass on teh highest of recommendations.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LondonViajera
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Cecile's House is a charming bed and breakfast. Chris the owner is very personable, helpful and exactly discreet enough to give you the feeling that you are in your own home but have the services of someone great if needed. The rooms are just as pictured on the website, tastefully decorated, very clean and homey feeling. We stayed in the Country Room with its own bath...the bathroom is small and very reminiscent of some european bathrooms we have experienced. However everything you need is there. We had a peek at the French Room one day when it was vacant during our stay. It is adorable and has its own bath located in the hallway. We did not get to see the Masters Suite but I am sure it is quite lovely. Breakfast was a treat and was delicious.....freshly baked croissants and Chris' clafoutis which is an egg dish and absolutely outstanding plus many other items. Niagara on the Lake is a wonderful sleepy town with shopping. good food and of course the wineries....love that Ice Wine ! We would definitely return to Cecile's House when we return to Niagara on the Lake.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jojo
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Truth be known, Cercile's House is where I escape (often as possible, in all seasons) for some days of complete pleasure. The rooms are carefully prepared for comfort, with luxurious beds and thoughtful attention to detail -- comfy bath robes, hair dryer, extra toothpast, spring water, a drawer full of chocolates! I can watch late movies on my own slim screen TV, enjoy books from the library shelves, read the morning paper with cafe au lait at my private breakfast table. Chris makes his own croissants, and the most delicious clafoutis. There is a most elegant little bar for wine, and discrete seating areas for my late guests... Now really, is this divine? Yes!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gardenmaker
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This was our first B&B experience and it exceeded our expectations. If you like old homes and antiques this is for you. Chris thought of everything from items in the room to the great breakfast. at individual tables,however after a few minutes all three tables were chatting. I am already planning for next year,

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rescuev
Reviewed June 22, 2009

This is our 3rd visit to Cecile's House and we have begun to make this a much anticipated annual trip. Chris is a gracious host and his home is beautiful and relaxing. This B&B is ideally situated, on a quiet street yet steps away from the fabulous shops and restaurants of Niagara-On-The-Lake. Chris' breakfasts are legendary! Every morning among the variety of breakfast treats, there are freshly baked scones, chocolate bread and clafoutis. The smells waft up to the rooms early in the morning, encouraging all to get to breakfast as quickly as possible! The house is beautifully appointed, and the rooms are very comfortable. We have stayed in the other rooms but now select the Master Suite so that we have a bit more space and can spread out our luggage and clothes. It is well worth the few extra dollars. It is bittersweet to write this review as the place is already very popular and booked solidly mostly every week. However, we wanted to give accolades where they are due.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple