“Return Visit to Eagle's Wing”

and 1 more site!
Eagle's Wing Bed and Breakfast
Rochester, New York
“Return Visit to Eagle's Wing”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Just returned home from a wonderful trip to NOTL and an overnight at Eagle's Wing. As usual, Ken and Rollice provide a welcoming visit in their very comfortable home. Breakfast was fabulous with a fruit plate and coffee followed by individual Egg Soufflés with lemon dill sauce, bacon, homemade salsa and homemade blueberry bread. What a wonderful cook! We always feel so very welcome in theB&B, it is like returning home!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Rollice and Ken went above and beyond on our recent visit to NOTL. The genuine kindness and pride in her home was evident upon our first meeting. The rooms were very clean, comfortable bed and spacious and had all the amenities one could ask for. The breakfast was outstanding as any we have ever had and Rollice was able to cater to my wife's celiac needs as well. Rollice went even so far as to provide several options of drinks to my wife, who was feeling under the weather. We had a great experience and I'm sure we'll be back. Thank you Rollice and Ken - Marija & Nelson.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We recently stayed at eagles wing and what a lovely home Rollice and Ken have. The house is exceptionally clean and neat. The breakfast was amazing!!! I can't say enough about their hospitality. They made us feel welcomed and right at home :). We will definitely be staying with them on our next visit!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donya A
Cambridge-Narrows, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed at many B&Bs and most have been good. But Ken and Rollice provide the very best breakfast I've had anywhere. An early breakfast at their table leaves me satisfied and full of energy until sundown. Their home is comfortable, serene and scrupulously clean. A stay with them is restorative so that's where I always stay when I'm in NOL.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a great weekend at Eagle's Wing. The hearty breakfast was delicious and really creative with great conversation from the other guests and especially the owners, Rollice and Ken. The beds were comfortable, and we felt welcome in their home. Rollice even concocted a cold remedy when she discovered I was sick.

I think comments disparaging this wonderful B&B forget that even though it is a business, it's also someone's home. It's not a great labour to remove your shoes (it's common courtesy, really), nor is it ridiculous to open a window if you happen to be a bit warm. Moreover, no one was "expected" to wear slippers (Wouldn't that rude barefoot guest have had their feet covered at breakfast?), they were just offered—alongside Rollice and Ken's wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: The Sleigh Room was great with an ensuite bathroom, a ceiling fan. And if you're interested, the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I are fortunate to have had the opportunity to have traveled extensively and in many of those instances, we have stayed in B&B's in the US, and abroad. I would have to say of all the B&B's we have visited, this was our least favorite. We just returned from a two night stay and while our stay was pleasant enough, we would not return to Eagles Wing.
The two breakfasts prepared during our stay were very nice, we did receive several coupons for wine tastings at a variety of vineyards, which we took advantage of and were grateful for (these have been provided at every B&B's in this area when we have stayed in the past) and the suite we chose was spacious.
Like another reviewer, I was offended by the requirement to remove my shoes when we arrived and was totally unprepared for this requirement. I don't go barefoot, ever, even in my own home, nor do I wear other peoples shoes (there is a pile of used slippers at the front door that you are expected to wear) and while I expect that you may do this in your own home, this is a business. Most establishments dealing with food have a no shirt no shoes policy, and personally, I don't care to dine barefoot or with others who are. I am an adult and very adept at wiping my feet. When we shared our displeasure, we were told that this had never been an issue before, but I see in the reviews that it actually has, which was exactly what I thought. We received a lengthy "reprimand" for having an issue with the requirement and were told that "Judges visited each year for 13 years and had no problem with the request". To be honest, had we thought we could find another place, we would have left immediately. It was that uncomfortable. Instead, we spent every moment of our time in Niagara on the Lake away from the B&B and had very little interaction from that moment on.
The second day, the weather was considerably warmer and when we returned that night we went upstairs, to a room that was quite warm. The downstairs owner area was dark and closed off, so we did not ask about the A/C, we just opened the windows (there is no ceiling fan in the room) and we slept on top of the bedding.
The house is filled with personal items and clutter, the tv in the room was lower than the foot of the bed making it difficult to see and the house is located much further from town than we have stayed in the past, which explains why the price per night was lower than other B&B's.
There were several positive things about Eagles Wing, but the shoe exchange, the clutter and room temperature left such a bad taste, it just wasn't for us, so I guess it just depends upon your personal expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Traffichazard
Rollice_and_Ken, Owner at Eagle's Wing Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
It was not surprizing about the negative comments you wrote, I open the door to greet you, you turned your back in my face and say a racial comment to your husband, I was shocked, When you finally came in I told you very nicely that we dont wear shoes in the house so everything sre clean and nice for our guest, Your comment about personal items. this is our home that we take pride in.Your comment about clutter, I dont like clutter so Idont know what you are talking about.The 3rd year of B&B we were asked to do a tour of our B&B by the Chamber of Commerce., You spoke about the room was warm, that night the temp. was 7 degres my other guest was wearing their swetear because it was cold. The 13 yrs of B&B never had anyone like that. It was not about my B&B and that hurts. We love people if your intention was to hurt us its a wrong way to go about it. We still love you. If anyone read your comment Ihurg them to come and visit us and see what our B&B is all about.
New York
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We just returned home from a wonderful weekend with friends in Niagara-on-the-Lake, where we stayed at Eagle's Wing B&B. Rollice and Ken are gracious hosts who make you feel very comfortable in their beautiful home, located in a pleasant neighborhood, a short drive (or walk in good weather) to downtown. We walked to a nearby restaurant our first night while it was still dry and warm. Unfortunately we had a rainy and cool day on Saturday so had to drive into town. The wineries are all a short drive away (Rollice gave us coupons for free tastings). We were pampered each morning with delicious breakfasts, beautifully presented, and served in their lovely dining room. We enjoyed great conversations with our hosts and other guests at breakfast. We hope to be able to return again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple