“One of the best wineries to visit in the region”
Review of Reif Estate Winery

Reif Estate Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Reif Estate Winery invites you to experience outstanding Wines of Ontario produced from premium grape varieties using progressive and innovative wine making techniques combined with time honored traditions passed down over thirteen generations. The 125 acre estate winery has been producing world-class wines for over 20 years and was founded in the Niagara Peninsula in 1982. Reif Estate's philosophy that "Great wines start in the vineyard" has been a commitment that has gained their wines over 150 international awards.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Reif Estate is a mid-size winery for the Niagara area and it's a great place to drop into as a part of a tasting tour. They have a 'sensory garden' near the entrance that creatively matches herbs and plants to the characteristics of wine and grape types. It's unique and makes for a good entrance to their store and tasting rooms. Their wines are influenced by German production styles but wines like their Gewurztraminer and Reisling are not as sweet as old-world vintages. Their store is attractively designed and staffed by friendly, knowledgeable people.

All reviews
"knowledgeable staff"
in 7 reviews
"gelato"

Reviewed August 7, 2013

There was a large group of people and it was quite busy; the nice lady explaining the history and details of Reif was very professional, clear, concise, thorough and friendly, she didn't rush through anything and was prompt to serve all guests. Overall great place to visit!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Reif is one of the better large-ish wineries in niagara. They have someone greeting you outside, holding the door and all that good stuff, a sign of good customer service in my eyes. The young girl that poured for us really knew her wines, was engaging and friendly. Even though the bar was pretty full (on a saturday, to be expected) we got service quickly without much effort. The wines themselves were pretty good, the tasting list was fairly extensive. They have a few interesting red blends and some remarkable whites. While the tasting list is fairly long (although unfortunately not everything is in stock or available for tasting because of limited quantity, but there's fun in buying a mystery bottle so no worries there) the list is really well organized, with wines with similar sugar codes grouped together. Helpful when you're making a selection in a hurry. Since this is one of the bigger wineries we saw lots of screaming children/loud obnoxious tourists/large tour groups with wine newbies who needed a lot of guidance, and compared to other wineries the staff handled it exceptionally well and gave everyone the time and experience they needed. Grab a glass and go hang out in the wine garden to relax. Bravo Reif, when we are back in town we will be back to buy more.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Let me say first off, that this review will not come as a surprise to Reif. My terrible experience was shared with Jennifer (Manager) before I left.
Wife and I were on vacation and wanted to do the Wine tasting and Cheese Pairing. Reif was recommended by several of our acquaintances in the area.
Walked in, greeted by Jennifer, very pleasant. After hearing our desires, she assigned one person to do the "Sensory Experience" a.k.a wine and cheese pairing with us.
The person (Dave) did not bother to explain to us why the 5 wines were selected, nor did he bother to explain why the cheeses we were given were chosen in the first place. In fact after he poured the miniscule amounts of wines in our glasses without saying one word, he dis- appeared, never seen again until...... wait I will explain later.
The wines were okay I suppose, I never got my Ice Wine, Never was asked how our experience was coming along. However, after about 25 minutes, two sets of tourists came and sat next to us, and that is when Dave re appeared. After he set their tables, he comes to us and snags away the glass with coffee beans from right under my nose without saying Excuse me, or do you still need this or anything. Very RUDE. If the whole point of wine tasting was to sell more wine from your winery, then this basic sense of business was lost on Dave.

The snatching of coffee beans was the last straw. I got up, went to Jennifer at the check out counter, told her that I was terribly disappointed with my experience, in fact Dave had effectively ruined it for us.
i refused to pay for the experience. Jennifer offered a free bottle of wine as a consolation, I refused and told her, I would rather see DAve get fired, because not only they lost money on my sensory experience, but we did not purchase any wine from Reif either.
just FYI: we brought home 35 bottles of wine from Kacaba, Peller Estates and Konzelmann's. All very good wineries with pleasant staff.

Please do not give your business to Reif, I know I wont, ever.

Andrea K, Guest Relations Manager at Reif Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I appreciate the fact that you let Jennifer know that you would be sharing your experience on Trip Advisor as we value our guests feedback and strive to continue to offer great winery experiences to all of our visitors.Clearly we fell short of this goal and objective, I do apologize.

While this type of feedback is never easy to hear, we take this breach of commitment to our clients very seriously and it has since been addressed internally. I am however pleased to know that Jennifer did her best to rectify the situation at hand, she has been a great recent asset to our team. If you should ever change your mind to give us an opportunity to showcase what we strive to offer in guest experiences I would be most pleased to hear from you. It would be my pleasure to set up a complimentary visit any time in the future.

Andrea K - andrea@reifwinery.com