“Terrible Cust Service, Will Never Repeat”
Review of Reif Estate Winery

Reif Estate Winery
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Niagara-on-the-Lake Wine-Tasting Tour with...
More attraction details
Owner description: Reif Estate Winery invites you to experience outstanding Wines of Ontario produced from premium grape varieties using progressive and innovative wine making techniques combined with time honored traditions passed down over thirteen generations. The 125 acre estate winery has been producing world-class wines for over 20 years and was founded in the Niagara Peninsula in 1982. Reif Estate's philosophy that "Great wines start in the vineyard" has been a commitment that has gained their wines over 150 international awards.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Let me say first off, that this review will not come as a surprise to Reif. My terrible experience was shared with Jennifer (Manager) before I left.
Wife and I were on vacation and wanted to do the Wine tasting and Cheese Pairing. Reif was recommended by several of our acquaintances in the area.
Walked in, greeted by Jennifer, very pleasant. After hearing our desires, she assigned one person to do the "Sensory Experience" a.k.a wine and cheese pairing with us.
The person (Dave) did not bother to explain to us why the 5 wines were selected, nor did he bother to explain why the cheeses we were given were chosen in the first place. In fact after he poured the miniscule amounts of wines in our glasses without saying one word, he dis- appeared, never seen again until...... wait I will explain later.
The wines were okay I suppose, I never got my Ice Wine, Never was asked how our experience was coming along. However, after about 25 minutes, two sets of tourists came and sat next to us, and that is when Dave re appeared. After he set their tables, he comes to us and snags away the glass with coffee beans from right under my nose without saying Excuse me, or do you still need this or anything. Very RUDE. If the whole point of wine tasting was to sell more wine from your winery, then this basic sense of business was lost on Dave.

The snatching of coffee beans was the last straw. I got up, went to Jennifer at the check out counter, told her that I was terribly disappointed with my experience, in fact Dave had effectively ruined it for us.
i refused to pay for the experience. Jennifer offered a free bottle of wine as a consolation, I refused and told her, I would rather see DAve get fired, because not only they lost money on my sensory experience, but we did not purchase any wine from Reif either.
just FYI: we brought home 35 bottles of wine from Kacaba, Peller Estates and Konzelmann's. All very good wineries with pleasant staff.

Please do not give your business to Reif, I know I wont, ever.

Andrea K, Guest Relations Manager at Reif Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I appreciate the fact that you let Jennifer know that you would be sharing your experience on Trip Advisor as we value our guests feedback and strive to continue to offer great winery experiences to all of our visitors.Clearly we fell short of this goal and objective, I do apologize.

While this type of feedback is never easy to hear, we take this breach of commitment to our clients very seriously and it has since been addressed internally. I am however pleased to know that Jennifer did her best to rectify the situation at hand, she has been a great recent asset to our team. If you should ever change your mind to give us an opportunity to showcase what we strive to offer in guest experiences I would be most pleased to hear from you. It would be my pleasure to set up a complimentary visit any time in the future.

Andrea K - andrea@reifwinery.com

"excellent tour"
in 8 reviews
"white wine"

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We came to Reif with the Zoom Leisure bike tour. It was our last and favorite of the day! The grounds are beautiful and be sure to check our the sensory garden. We went back the next day to taste more and purchase several bottles. The staff here was very knowledgeable and friendly too! I think we liked every single wine we tried here!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This tour did not involve much other than a brief wine tasting and showing of grape vines It was over in 30 minutes Staff was not overly friendly, but accommodating. The selections for our tasting were great choices. The Ice Wine is everything it is promised to be. Definitely a treat and a surprise! If nothing else, stop here for a sample. Your guaranteed to walk out of with a purchase of the Ice Wine.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I did a bicycle tour in Niagara on the Lake and saved our last stop for Reif Estate Winery's Sensory Wine Tasting - an incredible pairing of cheeses with white wine flight and charcuterie with red wine flight. A totally memorable experience - highlighted by the wonderful interaction and information provided by George who guided us through the Sensory experience. He was attentive to our needs, as well as others that were at the Sensory tasting bar - he made us feel as if we were the only customers he had - absolutely professional and so very knowledgeable about Niagara wines, as well as wines of all countries. Recommend Reif Estate Winery and in particular the Sensory Tasting experience.