“Disappointing Service”

$113.87*
and up
Niagara-on-the-Lake Wine-Tasting Tour with Gourmet Lunch or Dinner
More attraction details
Owner description: Reif Estate Winery invites you to experience outstanding Wines of Ontario produced from premium grape varieties using progressive and innovative wine making techniques combined with time honored traditions passed down over thirteen generations. The 125 acre estate winery has been producing world-class wines for over 20 years and was founded in the Niagara Peninsula in 1982. Reif Estate's philosophy that "Great wines start in the vineyard" has been a commitment that has gained their wines over 150 international awards.
Ottawa, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disappointing Service”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I would like to echo another reviews comments about serivce. Terribly lacking. It definitely seemed that the servers were on commission. I walked in for a tour, I waited a solid 10 minutes for someone to look at me. I asked if I could join the tour (which hadn't left) and mysteriously the sever told me no, not today, it's over. I could see it and catch up with them in the lobby. The sever didn't offer me a chance to sample and ignored me after that. I have a voucher to go back with friends... will I use it? Not sure, it would take some convincing.

Visited May 2013
Andrea K, Guest Relations Manager at Reif Estate Winery, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear KB,
Thank so much for letting us know about your disappointing service, your feedback it is very much appreciated as we strive to do better through training and communication with our team. I do apologize as we obviously fell short in offering you a warm and welcoming experience and hope that in the future you might consider giving us another chance. We hope you will use your voucher to come back to see us sometime, we would love to see you!

Avon, Ohio
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fantastic Wines, So Take Your Time”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We visit this region at least twice a year to restock our private wine cellar, so we have gone to very nearly all the wineries by now. Even though we normally eschew the larger, more "corporate" ones, we have found that Reif is consistently excellent, and we have bought more and more of their wines. Their tasting room is lovely, their staff is knowledgeable and friendly, and their prices and specials are very good. Never miss any wine they are discounting: we got a case of a recently discounted red, and we kicked ourselves for not getting another. Try everything; you never know what you may love. Ask lots of questions; they are so accommodating and can steer you to wines you may love. Standouts: White Meritage and The Magician. But all of their wines are so good!

Visited October 2012
Webster, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent Winery To Visit and Purchase Wines At”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

While there are literally hundreds of wineries in the Niagara Region, both on the American and Canadian sides, Reif Estate Winery has been one of our primary "final destinations" for the last three years. They have one of the largest selections of red & white wines, all reasonably priced including their ice wines, a great atmosphere in their tasting room, food pairing if you desire and very friendly personnel to assist you during your wine tasting. Their knowledge of wines is very extensive and they are willing to share that knowledge. Especially Archie and Carol. You'll come away with a better wine appreciation as well as a great new experience for wine tastings.

Visited April 2013
Ontario's Near North, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Amazing Evening”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A group of us attended a private dinner at Reif Estate Winery. The evening started off with a glass of Riesling and a tour. I have been to this winery before, and the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. After the tour we had a 3 course meal with wine pairings. It was delicious. Afterward we had a blind taste testing of 6 wines! Great fine and a very informative staff. Ended the evening by purchasing a few bottles to take home!! Highly recommend visiting this winery; you will enjoy some great wine and be impressed by their friendly and knowledgeable staff!

Visited March 2013
Chatham, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Cool Quaint Winery”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Brilliant staff, awesome wine creations, and a very unique winery overal. Love the main tasting/shop area, and their wines are soo tastey, specially their reds are awesome! With a perfect location on the way to NOTL, you have to stop here!

Visited April 2012