All reviews living room home away from home each morning full kitchen sized fridge spacious accommodation self contained huge bedroom host makes main floor shaw festival bed and breakfast breakfasts were absolutely delicious stay there again great accommodation separate entrance downtown notl
Reviewed April 15, 2014

John and Irene,

This was our ninth year staying at Williams Gate. Calling it a bed and breakfast is a bit of a misnomer. It is a small apartment and breakfast. It is perfect for the late risers who do not want to be up early and ready to socialize. Anca is always the perfect hostess with wonderful breakfasts served in the privacy of your own little apartment. This is the best value for the money in NOTL. We highly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I took my mother to the Shaw Festival last month. We were all in agreement that nothing could have been better! My mom had found Williams Gate for our accomodations- the owner, Anka, made everything easy from beginning to end. She answered all of our questions when we made our reservation, and made arrangements to serve us a vegetarian breakfast (delicious food and exquisite presentation). We were able to check in upon arrival around 2 PM and she gave us a tour of our lodgings, a map, and suggestions for dinner and things to do. She was the ultimate hostess! Our accomodations were perfect for us- two bedrooms, living room, kitchen with table, frig and microwave, and bathroom. My husband and I easily made the walk to town, but it was a bit far for my mother so we drove (no problem with parking) when taking her along. Hope to go back next year!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We loved our 2 night stay with Anca as our hostess. Each morning she arrived with a beautiful and bountiful breakfast. She was so very helpful with things to do, restaurant recommendations and transportation. The bed was wonderful! Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I with our mother in law wanted to go to the Shaw Festival Sunday (wonderful by the way) and decided to make a short holiday out of it. We were pleasantly surprised with the NOTL convenient location for the vineyards and other wide range of activities and places. Williams Gate B&B was a pearl !! Our own private apartment to share as a family was clean, attractive and with comfortable beds. Very elderly- friendly, that important to us. Anca is a wonderful hostess and can cook a most breath taking hot breakfast each morning is worth getting out of bed for. There is private parking- love it and a backyard with a gazebo to enjoy. We loved touring the vineyards we only previously new by name and bringing home a bottle to enjoy with supper in the evenings. The town is beautiful to wonder around. My personal favorite are the majestic trees and well loved gardens surrounding the homes of NOTL. My mother in law was in heaven and could rest anytime she wished. we look forward to our next trip. Thanks Anca

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

First, Anca's breakfasts are delicious and most plentiful. Second, as two friends traveling to the Shaw Festival, we really appreciated that our room had two large, comfy beds. Third, our living room and the backyard gazebo were relaxing, pleasant, homelike places to relax with some wine and cheese. The hostess is friendly but not intrusive. We loved that she brought breakfast to our suite, enabling us to eat in our jammies and robes. You can get a suite on either the first or second floor. The only caution I would have is if you have difficulty with stairs, you might want to reserve the first floor as the stairs to the 2nd floor suite are very steep. We didn't mind them, but I can imagine that some folks might. We left our car in the driveway for the whole time we were there, but the walk might be a bit long for some: 4 blocks off Queen Street and a bit of a distance from there to the Festival Theatre. But a lovely walk during which you will pass charming homes and lovely gardens. We truly enjoyed our stay and fully intend to return.

• Stayed: September 2013