All reviewspeller estatesmuskoka chairsgas fireplacemy husband and ino elevatorthe wi ficorner roomniagara parkwaywine tastingtravelzoo dealbeautiful patiosuperior roomroom was largecrab cakesprivate balconybreakfast was includedold world charm
Reviewed September 8, 2016

My wife and I were on a wine tour and this was the place they took us for dinner. There was no crowd although it did get busy during our meal. The waitress was nice. We ordered the prime rib and mushroom rissotto. My rissotto was a little blah and her prime rib was fatty. When someone other than our waitress brought out dessert, I asked what it was and he had no idea (it was a cheesecake). I will say the view was nice though by the window but we had to deal with constant flies.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2016

The vineyard setting for this Inn is lovely. Given mixed reviews about the restaurant, I was pleased to learn from front desk staff that long waits at dinner were a thing of the past, with new wait staff. Our server, Dan, at dinner, was helpful and attentive and the food was good. Past comments that the management "cuts corners" was only evident with the in-room bottled water from Costco (for a "fancy" inn, guests might be sensitive to the provision of "bargain" brands.) Ellyn, Sharolyn, and Joanna, at the front desk, were all lovely to deal with. Looking forward to our next stay. Rates are on the pricely side during high season (not uncommon in Niagara on the Lake) and packages provide best value. The Inn is set back from the Niagara Parkway, so all rooms appear to be quiet, even those facing the Parkway.

Room Tip: No elevator at the Inn; ask for a downstairs room if stair-climbing is an issue. Staff will provide room number at time of reservation
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

My husband & I recently attended the annual Blues Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake & had the pleasure of staying in The Riverbend Inn. The Inn is nestled in a sweeping vineyard which provides a beautiful backdrop whether enjoying a cocktail or dining on their sumptuous cuisine. It is the perfect venue for weddings or small celebrations.

Our room was very spacious & was decorated with luxurious furnishings. There was also a beautiful deck which overlooked the vineyard.

We were somewhat disappointed that the inn didn't offer pay per view movies and depending on the weather, the satellite TV may not work.

The ensuite bathroom was very large & could have accommodated a separate shower rather than the somewhat bath/shower combination.

I highly recommend staying at The Riverbend Inn if one has the opportunity to visit the historic & beautiful Niagara-on -the-Lake.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I did an overnight to see plays at the Shaw Festival which was very close by. The room was spacious and well appointed. The staff was very friendly and the menu was very nice. We ate a very nice lunch there. It was a very restful stay. The view of neighboring vineyards was wonderful.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2016

It is really amazing how we did not notice this Inn in the 30 years we have been going to NOTL. We always pass by it on our way to town !!! I can only say that most of the time we do a flying visit and if we stay , it was always at the Prince of Wales Hotel. I regret that I missed this Inn.

We needed a break and when I received an email from Travelzoo about the Inn, we
decided to give it a try. We are glad we did.

The Inn is situated in a 17 acres vineyard. One has to go to John St. to enter the Inn.
The day we arrived, there was a film crew outside the Inn. They were filming a 30 seconds commercial for TD Bank. It was fun watching them.

We like the foyer with it's staircases and huge chandelier. Our corner room overlook the vineyard and has a scenic view encompassing a gazebo, some Muskoka chairs, and the Pellar Estates Winery buildings. At sunset the view is more dramatic taking everything in. All we do is look at this fantastic scenery from our room every time.

The room itself is spacious, well kept, clean, and the bed is comfortable. The furnishing all blend well together. We had a fruit tray...which is a welcoming touch. We were given 2 bottled water per day. The hot water takes about 2-3 minutes to come up to the second floor but once it is flowing there is no problem. The room air-conditioner is a bit noisy but we turn it down at night so sleeping is not a problem.

According to the receptionist there are 21 rooms in the Inn. For those who does not want to climb the stairs, there are rooms in the ground floor. We saw 2 rooms in the third floor. The size of the indoor dinning room is just right for the Inn. Dinning at the patio is an option. The persons at Reception were friendly and very helpful.

The package that we had included dinner discount at the dinning room, a gift, and 2 visits to a Winery (Joseph's and Konzelmann). Both are excellent winery. The gift was a bottle from their vineyard.

We had a good time at NOTL and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Inn. We will certainly stay here again....

Room Tip: Choose a corner room with a view of the vineyard on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple