“Idyllic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Applewood Hollow Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Applewood B & B really is a little slice of heaven in Niagara on the Lake. Perfect location set on beautiful gardens, gorgeous home with a veranda for each room and beautiful skylights and such lovely hosts. We will definitely be returning!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Just had a little getaway for my wife's birthday. It was our first stay here and came on the recommendation of a friend. The whole experience was delightful. Our hostess, Jane was welcoming and extremely friendly, making us feel right at home. The room was unique, with a full living room and a nifty loft style bedroom. Everything was clean and fresh, and very tastefully decorated. The bed was really comfortable. I usually don't sleep well my first night in a hotel, just because I need time to get familiar with a new mattress, but I slept like baby. Breakfast was home cooked pancakes from scratch and organic sausages, plus assorted home made baking. The thing I liked was that Jane served us personally, it wasn't impersonal like a lot of B&B's where they just leave the food and you feel a little like an intruder. We didn't get to enjoy the property much because of the awful weather we've been having, but we're looking forward to coming back in the summer when everything is in bloom. Overall I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2014

As one of the early days visitors way back in (I think) 1999-2000 I cannot express how happy my Wife and I were to find Applewood Hollow. We stayed there on three occasions, the first one being before the new lodge was built so it was just the house then. To say we felt at home would be a huge understatement. The food and the sense of 'family' was just awesome. I jest not when I say I could have left London and just moved in to Applewood Hollow. Jane gave us a great tape (which I've sadly since lost) of their band's tracks which we listened to all the way to NY and NJ and all the way back to Applewood Hollow, not to mention for many years afterwards in the UK.

If you want a place to stay in or around Niagara believe me you cannot go wrong with Applewood Hollow. The only problem you may have is that you will not want to leave :)

When our children are a little more grown up we fully intend taking them to this wonderful place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bejaysus
Reviewed August 22, 2013

What a lovely host and a lovely place! Great refuge from the city, with amazingly delicious breakfast. We stayed here in July 2013. Jane was able to accommodate us on very short notice (same day!), gave us great tips for great restaurants and best wineries to visit. The place was very clean and private, lots of room. The lower level/ main room exits to a gorgeous and lush backyard to sit and relax. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Another great visit! We love the great host, atmosphere, and the delicious food (especially all the recipes Jane makes with the fresh peaches she receives on her doorstep from the neighboring orchards or with produce from her garden). Every time we go we enjoy hearing about what is going on in the local community or what we call the "real" Niagara-on-the-Lake. Applewood Hollow is a must-stay B&B for us every time we visit Canada.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I recently returned from spending three nights at Applewood Hollow B&B (based on a recommendation from a friend at work). In fact, we had tried to book a room last year with no luck. This is a very popular place and we could immediately see why, as soon as we arrived.

First of all, the room itself is actually a two storey unit, with the bedroom upstairs in a loft, overlooking the main sitting area. There is a small deck at the back with a private entrance from the sliding door. The "room" has a beautiful combination of rustic and modern, which includes an AC unit upstairs near the bed.

Jane immediately provided us with detailed information on places to eat, wineries to visit and several activities such as where to rent bicycles for a nice ride along the Niagara River Recreation Trail. The first night she suggested visiting the Strewn Winery (which is just a short walk away), where we had some fantastic artisan pizzas and salads (...and of course, deserts!) along with some amazing wine. (Later during our stay, we went back to Strewn to pick up a few more bottles.)

The large breakfasts were to die for, which were different each day but always included delicious local fruit such as peaches and blueberries. (You could basically skip lunch after that!!) Jane was there during the whole time, to provide stories about the area, answer any questions we had, and constantly making sure there was enough food, coffee, or whatever, available.

Applewood Hollow is more than a Bed and Breakfast. It's Home!

I hope we will be fortunate enough to stay there many more times!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan_Mei
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is the type of B&B that I prefer. Very welcoming and laid back atmosphere. Jane was a great host - introduced her chickens right away! She gave great advice on wineries and hiking trails.
The breakfast was delicious (especially the berry crumble).
The deck at the back was a perfectly relaxing place for a glass of wine (from Ravine winery - one of Jane's suggestions).
I loved the loft room. It was quiet, well decorated and the sheets felt like silk! I would definitely recommend Applewood.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple