“One of my Favourite Wineries!”

Chateau des Charmes
Reviewed October 22, 2011

All I can say is "Wow"

The winery is one of the best that I ave seen in the Niagara-on-the-Lake area.

From the moment you drive up the lane, to walking in the front door, to taking part in their wine tour and wine tastings - you will be blown away!

I could not get over how beautiful this winery was! I have loved their wines for years, but never really knew anything about the winery or even how wines were made, what a vineyard looked like, and how to properly taste and drink wine!

It was a great learning experience and I have been back to the winery now three times! I would love to go back during harvest season and see how the that process works!

The staff were amazing! Learned so much! Even felt like we were part of the family! I highly recommend the winery to anyone! If you have never done a wine tour before - this one is a must - you will definitely be hooked! Thank you to every one at Chateau des Charmes!

MicheleBosc, Owner at Chateau des Charmes, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Wow! You are making us blush. But that's OK. Thank you SO MUCH for your kind remarks. Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

A great venue. There were just 4 of us on our tour and the tour guide (Paul) was friendly and very knowledgable. The tasting after the tour was very informative as well as being enjoyable - all free using a coupon supplied by our b&b! Top venue and top wines.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I must first admit that I am not a wine drinker...however I feel so educated now and look forward to using my new knowledge. So the Chateau is massive and beautiful, the tour of the facility was ok (but I have been on a few others so its sort of the same) they do have talented staff that know a lot about the business and that was interesting. My favorite was the dinner, we were outside under a tent (like the wedding type) and again its beautiful. The tables were set and it looked like a wedding. The food was fanstastic and paired with several wines and the staff would explain why these were paired. I enjoyed this SO much.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Chateau des Charmes wines are fabulous! You will thoroughly enjoy tasting a variety of their wonderful wines. Bottles of your favourites are available for purchase at the winery.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

The setting is beautiful, the building is very attractive and Robert, the tour guide, was knowledgeable about the history of Ontario winemakers, wine, the area and the climate conditions.