“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake

Kingston, Ont
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family. Booked on the Hilton site and got the best price. Great buffet breakfast with a cook to order option. Very nice ambience in the lobby and the rooms are quite nice. The best is a Keurig coffee machine in our room. Finally good in-room coffee! Hot tub with small pool in hotel too was nice. Not much around the hotel for food ... Wendys, Mr Sub, Pizza Pizza and a Timmys all across the street. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank XoverYtraveler
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for writing such a nice review on our hotel. It was a pleasure to read. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Warm regards,

e. leea.sawyer@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is my "go to" hotel for a getaway time to relax. I go with family and I go with friends - frequently. I was there last week in the middle if a huge storm. We decided to go early and got an extra night because of the forecasted weather. No problem when I called to arrange that. Front desk staff very helpful as always. We stayed holed up in our room as it was too bad to venture out the next day. We watched movies, read books and relaxed. It was actually fabulous. Housekeeping put a card under the door saying they saw the "do not disturb" sign, respected our privacy and so didn't come to service the room but if we needed anything just call and ask. We rang for extra toiletries and they were there within 5 minutes. The only time we left the room was to go down to dinner. That was the "blip". The waitress was unfriendly bordering on rude. Service was slow, I'm guessing they were slammed bcs of the storm and had more people eating and I get that but an explanation would have gone a long way. Usually the staff are extremely friendly. She definitely was not. It was a shame but it won't stop me going back. In fact I already have another night booked. I just won't eat in the restaurant next time.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor! I would like to sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received in our Restaurant. I promise I will have this blip smoothed out before your next stay. I hope that you will dine with us again so we can give you the excellent service you expect and deserve!

Please let me know if you need anything in the mean time.

Kindest Regards,

Milton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

My wife and I had the chance to have two days break from the kids (left them with relatives). Just wanted a chance to relax at the same Hilton hotel we spent our honeymoon in - it was as fantastic as before. I truly recommend this hotel to couples and families who want a high quality experience for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. It is very much appreciated. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed this stay just as much as your first stay here on your honeymoon! We are constantly trying to improve our service and amenities to continue to give our guests the best possible experience.
Thanks again for your review. We look forward to having you back again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I booked the Hilton Garden Inn for the reasonable price and location. To my surprise it was awesome!!! The staff, the room and the facilities are great. My husband and I ordered room survice - the best burger and coconut shrimp I have ever had for $22.00. I would come back here in a heartbeat. Nice to know that there are hotels that really excell at customer service with the added bonus of great service

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. We love to hear our guests first hand experiences. It was a pleasure to have you stay at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

1-905-704-3801
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed overnight to avoid driving after a night out at a winery restaurant.
Positives:
- Clean room
- Good price
- Half decent pool/hot tub
- Handy location off the QEW
- Free parking
- Free Wifi
- Quick and easy check in and check out

Negatives:
- A lot of hallway noise from both outside the room and upstairs
- Not enough towels in the room, and no towels left down at the pool when we went down a half hour before it closed
- Adjustable softness/firmness bed is not great. It's like lying on an air mattress on top of a regular mattress and regardless of the dial being turned to firm or soft, it felt exactly the same.
- Duvet is that sketchy kind that while it looks fluffy, but doesn't have a removeable cover so you don't know what else is on it
- And the most annoying - the hotel's website says on the 'Hotel Details' page that there is a shuttle available to take you to local attractions. When we arrived I called down to the front desk to ask about if we could take it to the winery where we had dinner reservations and was informed that they share the shuttle with another hotel and it was the "other hotel's turn" that night. The staffer on the front desk informed me that it could have been reserved if we had called and booked it in advance. This is the type of helpful information that should be on the website! This meant we had to take a cab that cost $30 each way.

Knowing the extra $60 required in cab fare, maybe I could have spent $60 more and stayed at a hotel/inn right in NOTL.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the building would face nature rather than the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. We are very sorry your experience did not offer you the quality of service you deserve. We strive to give exceptional service every day, for every guest; I sincerely apologize for falling short during your stay. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

1-905-704-3801
Kitchener
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stay at this hotel several times a year, yet I have never written a review. Between family in the area, and wine tasting weekends, we end up staying in the Niagara area frequently. With the exception of the occasional splurge at one of the fancy resorts, we always end up at the Hilton Garden Inn if it is at all available.

Why? Well, the rooms are adequate with touches such as fridges, wifi and decent bedding. We request a room on an upper floor with a view of the conservation area. This gives us a bright room with a view of trees and no traffic noise.

The hotel is easy to access -- either driving to Niagara, visiting the Bench area, Niagara on the Lake, etc. all are only a few minutes away. Rates are consistently good. The hotel is clean, well maintained and we are always greeted warmly.

This is an excellent choice for the money in a very expensive area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gundi
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Everything was excellent especially the comfortable beds, which I wish we had at home. The staff were very well trained and the rooms had a very high class of notions in the wash room and water and coffee supplies in the room as well as internet accessibility if this was required. Thanks again for your first class hotel upholding the Hilton tradition.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hilton Garden I... N, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to post such a nice review on Trip Advisor about our hotel and your recent stay. I'm very happy to hear you found our beds to be comfortable. We value all of our guests feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Please feel free to contact me directly at any time. I will be happy to assist in any way possible.

With Kind Regards,