I stayed here with my family between Christmas and New Year. The hotel was decorated for the season and looked very welcoming. Overall, I recommend this hotel strongly despite one or two minor problems. The receptionist allocated us adjoining rooms. However, on entry we discovered that one of the rooms was still in use by another guest. Half my party was transferred to a nearby room for one night, and I was not charged for either room for the first night. I was unaware of this until I reviewed my bill on checkout. The reception staff were equally unaware of the refund but did not question it. The rooms compared well with the prestigious Sheraton Centre Hotel in Toronto, and WiFi was, unlike the Sheraton Centre, free in rooms and throughout the hotel. A fridge and a microwave oven were provided. The mattress had a hardness adjustment dial on each side - wonderful! The bathroom was partly tiled and partly wallpapered which seemed a little anachronistic compared with British hotel bathrooms. The shower over the bath was accessible to someone with slightly reduced mobility like myself. The bottom of the bath was not slippery; the bath was low-sided; and a useful grab rail was provided. There was a generous supply of complimentary toiletries. The pool, jacuzzi and Fitness Centre met with the approval of my family. The bar was a friendly area, particularly thanks to the excellent service provided by Heather. Alcoholic drinks could be served for consumption in the comfortable lobby, a bonus for family members supervising young children. Beer was relatively cheap, though wine and spirits were more expensively priced, in line with hotel bars everywhere. I recommend a local red wine called "Daredevil". (You can drive to the local 'Diamond' vineyard wine boutique and buy it for half the price!) The Pavilion Pantry was handy for nibbles and children's treats, though we didn't sample the microwave meals. A cause for complaint was that my 2 small grandchildren stood, ignored, at the low-level area of the reception counter opposite the Pavilion Pantry, very clearly clutching their purchases and a $20 bill. After a minute or two I actually had to ask the female receptionists whether the children could pay! The breakfast buffet was excellent for its variety of buffet and freshly-cooked food. I booked B&B rates, but I think it would probably be cheaper to get Senior Rate (for us oldies) and pay $12.95 for the breakfast. The restaurant served a short but excellent menu of top class food. We enjoyed dinner there very much. Free cookies came out once a day - great for the kids. When it snowed, the hotel staff used 2 vehicles with snow ploughs to clear the car park in short order - and even swept the snow off guests' cars. Great service! There is a commercial park across the road with the usual Wendy's and other outlets if you fancy something cheap and cheerful to eat. Within a few minutes you can drive to Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake, numerous vineyards and the huge Pen retail mall. The hotel is ideally located! In short: falls short of perfection, but not by much. Give the place a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five storey hotel nestled in park like sating and less than 15 minutes either from Niagara Falls or Niagara-on-the-Lake features 118 spacious guestroom: 43 King rooms, 63 Queen rooms with two QQ beds, 11 Deluxe Jacuzzi Suites, which includes plenty of amenities such as: The Sweet Dreams Bed Experience, Luxurious linens and duvets and the remarkable Garden Sleep System adjustable bed, fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, 37” LCD High Definition Digital flat screen TV with on-demand movies and video games, complimentary wired & wireless high-speed Internet access, Ergonomic Herman Miller Mirra Chair, Secure PrinterON remote printing, two dual line telephone and MP3clock radio and iron/ironing board. Complimentary 24 hours Business Centre, Complimentary “to go” morning Coffee or Tea. We also offer a 24 hour Pavilion Pantry for snacks and microwavable meals, coin laundry service and complimentary parking and Electric vehicle charging station FREE of charge to our guest.Recreation Facility: Fitness centre with the latest in equipment by PRECOR, indoor heated pool and invigorated whirlpool and outdoor patio. For your dining pleasure The Great North American Grill – Restaurant, which offer Mediterranean & American cuisine and featuring made to order eggs and other delicious items, a hearty lunch and dinner specialties daily prepared by our talented Chef. Prime Rib Special every Friday & Saturday night. We can accommodate in our Garden View Ballroom conferences, dinner parties or weddings up to 220 persons with outdoor Gazebo for Wedding Ceremonies.Welcome to the HILTON GARDEN INN, Niagara-on-the-Lake and great Canadian Wine Region, Art Galleries, Golf & Journey back in time-relive the War of 1812 , “the Prettiest Town in Canada” please come and Witness History. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-On-The-Lake Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Hilton Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Niagara-On-The-Lake Hilton