“Much better than I was expecting”

Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I only stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake for one night while attending the Shaw Festival and I would definitely return. The hotel was very easy to locate and super close to the Highway, but not close enough to be disturbed by the noise from the road.

Very clean, rooms are super large. I stayed in room 212 which is pretty much right off the elevator, but I was never once disturbed by the noise in the hallway. The beds were so comfortable, I didn't want to get up. The room contained everything you would want in a hotel room, including a Keruig coffee system. They were pretty stingy with the condiments given for the coffee station in room, but it was free so can't really complain to hard about that. There was also coffee to be had in the lobby, as well as a restaurant that stays open until at least 10 pm.

Likewise there is a full-service breakfast buffet in the morning for an additional $12.95 where the chef also does made to order dishes.

Big thumbs up for the complimentary in-room wi-fi. For whatever I rate I am paying at a hotel, it always annoys me to have to pay for wi-fi on top of that.

Check-in and check-out were so easy. I have never had such a smooth check-in and check-out at any hotel I have ever stayed in.

The one downside I had, is more of a downside with most hotels in general. While there were a lot of plugs in the room, there was no variety as to what type of plugs there were. I would like to see a USB plug in one room. It already sucks to have to travel with multiple chords when travelling, but to also have to travel with all of the various plugs is an even bigger pain.

*side note* I have also never been to any hotel in North America where they didn't supply a bible in the room. I didn't need one, but I am so used to seeing one in the bed side drawer that not seeing one made stood out for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,423)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here one night while my son was at an event in Niagara-on-the-Lake. A fair bit away from NOTL, but not excessive. Hotel is nice, kids loved the pool, rooms were clean and spacious. We had the package that included the breakfast which worked out to about $10 each for breakfast. The breakfast offered a wide variety and we hit it lucky as there was no line up. There were only 2 wait staff the day we were there (Saturday morning) and they were run off their feet. Food could have been a bit higher quality but as it was included, I won't complain.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Second time to stay at HGI- Niagra on the Lake. As usual for Hilton Garden Inn's- staff friendly, well organized- from making reservation to checking out, no problems. Property well maintained,common areas neat and comfortable. Room was clean and inviting- bathroom spotless!, first area I check when entering room. Housekeeping staff friendly and dedicated to making travelers comfortable. Keurig coffee maker in room- EXCELLENT! Our room was close to elevator and vending, heard no noise from either. Easy driving to NOTL and Shaw Theater

Room Tip: address special requests @ time of making reservation ie: room on first floor, room close to elevato...
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel during our trip to Niagara-On-The-Lake. The room was clean and comfortable. The front desk personnel were very friendly and we had no problems checking in. We had a drink at the bar after we returned from dinner before going to our room, and the bartender was very friendly. For breakfast we had freshly cooked eggs, potatoes, and bacon; which was very good.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hotel staff did the best they could to check us in early at 1pm but the room had not been cleaned so we went off into town. Now here's the thing with this hotel, you don't come to NOTL to spent your time in the hotel. You come here for a good nights sleep after the wine tours or other off property activity so I'll focus on that. The rates here are expensive for the week and very expensive on the weekends. If you're expecting a free breakfast forget it (I would have preferred a free continental). At over $12 per person I would have expected more but this is a tourist area so be prepared for that. Coffee and tea are free and Tim Horton's is right across the street. Our bed supposedly adjusted for comfort but after several attempts to 'firm' the mattress I ended up on a hill, my wife in a valley so it's obviously not working properly. Kurig machine in room and heart-shaped tub were nice. Overall impression though is that we should have gotten more for the money, especially as it's about 1/2 Hr. from downtown out near the highway...

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the property were quite but be prepared for the 'bird cannons' whic...
1  Thank 2FrumLondon
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were so happy to stay here! Rooms were perfect main floor overlooking the forest OMG! Quiet and roomy adjustable beds even wow! A Kuerig coffeemaker and I was in heaven! Considering we were only sleeping there a night I would book a trip back to NOTL and stay here for awhile, the restaurant is amazing a great buffet with a super chef that if they lose him it will be a tragic loss to this facility I would highly recommend staying here to anyone

Room Tip: Main floor easy access for persons with any type of walking disabilities also the view♥♥♥
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ichn2Travl
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very nice hotel. have stayed here before and will stay again. Very quick check in by friendly staff. Public area very nice. Room spacious, comfortable and very clean. Coffee maker, microwave and fridge available in room. Bed very comfortable. Great nights sleep no noise from inside or outside hotel. Bathroom has lovely products, great shower and again very clean. Not in down town Niagara on the Lake probably about 10/12 mins drive. But very convenient for Niagara Falls, wineries etc. Did not use restaurant or have breakfast so cannot comment. Service area within walking distance with lots of fast food restaurants, including Tim Hortons for breakfast if you just want something light. Great hotel would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple