“Not sure yet!”

Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Reviewed July 3, 2013

On arrival to this property, we went to our room and it hadn't been cleaned yet (it was after 5:00 p.m.), so we had to go down with arms loaded with suitcases, etc. to let them know. From their reaction at the desk, my husband & I felt that they didn't believe us. They gave us a new room, but a gal from the front desk came up with us on the elevator asked us which room (new room, same floor) it was that wasn't made up.

Now, this morning, my husband bent over to pick something up, moved the comforter and found a pair of DIRTY underwear!! How gross is that???? Makes me wonder if the room was actually cleaned properly. I put it in a bag and asked him to deliver it to the front desk.

We have 2 more nights here, so hopefully they will be uneventful!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kalamaki
Hilton Garden I... N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

We are very sorry to hear about this situation. I am currently investigating the matter and trying to find out how this could have happened. I cannot say that we have ever had something like this occur and I take full responsibility for this. I will be sure to address this with all of my staff and further I would like to say that the easiest way to notify me would have been to contact me while you were still in the hotel. When I read your review - and realized you were still in house, I made an attempt at contacting you but you were not in your room at the time. Please in the future -not just here, but at any property, approach the Front Desk and ask to speak to a Manager - it is the best way to get something resolved by doing it in person. I do appreciate your business and hope that we will get a second chance to make a first impression with you .
Michael LoMedico

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our stay was very typical of what you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn, clean, quiet, nothing out of the ordinary. The Hotel has good access to the Hwy, there's a Tim Horton's and other fast food across the street, but not close to local attractions (about 17 min drive away from the heart of Niagra-on-the-Lake)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David R
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was very satisfied with the Hilton group service. There was some difference between marriott group. Next time I will definitely stay at the Hilton group residency. It was fantastic. Thank you very much!

1  Thank Jihyeong Y
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent four days at the Hilton Garden Inn while attending shows at the nearby Shaw Festival. Normally I would have tried to book something closer to the historic downtown but I ended up being very glad we booked here. While the hotel is located about a 15-minute drive from the historic downtown and the festival theaters, it is more convenient to Niagara Falls attractions and is close to many of the area wineries. The rooms were spotless and comfortable -- the mattresses have individual firmness adjustments. There is no charge for wireless (as opposed to the $15 Hilton charges in some of its more expensive hotels). A microwave and small fridge are in the room. The staff was excellent! Very flexible in making up our room at a time convenient for us rather than them. We arrived at noon and I was surprised to have no problem checking in early. Complimentary coffee, cookies, apples and citrus water were available in the lobby throughout the day. Every interaction we had with the staff was top-notch.

1  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed June 27, 2013

my family visited Niagara-on-the-Lake and we chose to stay at the HGI. We found the hotel to be very nice and also located very well for the locations that we were interested in visiting. The front desk staff was very helpful with directions to the Fall and other locations as well as answering any other questions that we had. Would definitely stay at this hotel again if we were to return to the area

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed with family for my nephews wedding. They set the hotel up for family for the weekend. The hotel was very nice and the staff where very helpful. The hotel is 20 minutes from Niagara on the lake and Niagara Falls. If you would like a less expensive place to stay than in town I would recommend this hotel. If you want the quaint town or action of the falls, I would not stay there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
FrankVismeg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hello James and Family,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and awarding us with a Five Star rating for our amenities and cleanliness. I am very pleased to learn that the location was suitable for you same as for many other Hilton Garden Inn guests as we are only short 12 minutes drive either to Downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake or CASINO Niagara Falls, also the guest of your nephews wedding enjoyed our services provided by our professional staff.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. With kind regards and Skål: Frank Vismeg

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am hesitant to write this place up as to give away a real gem...great place if you are on business...its probably good for families but I think there are better themed ones closer to touristy stuff. One bonus I really appreciated is a steam room- they are just not that many around but boy are they great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
FrankVismeg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hello Glenn.
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn and the Niagara’s Glories Wine Region and awarding us with Five Star rating for our facilities, amenities and over all services. Also, that you find our location ideal for your needs and that you great experience. Our entire team looking forward to welcome you and your family back in the very near future. With kind regards and Skål: Frank Vismeg