“Excellent”

Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Excellent, every thing perfect, we love it, My family wants to go back,excellent service, very clean room and comfartable, breakfast was excellent.Hotel welcome was good, not noisy at all and in the middle of the local attractions. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome. The staff at the front desk were pleasant and friendly...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Javaid B
FrankVismeg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Javaid and family,
Thank you for selecting our hotel and writing the positive five star rating review. Nice to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our unique hotel with “very clean” and comfortable rooms, buffet breakfast and overall services. Also, that you find our location ideal for your needs with only short drive to Niagara-on-the-Lake or Niagara Falls in the Glorious Niagara Wine Region. Our entire team is looking forward to welcome you and your family back in the very near future. With kind regards and Skål: Frank

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We decided to test this Hilton on one of the winter special packages. It was a pleasant surprise. Easy to find, right off the highway, but not noisy at all and in the middle of the local attractions. At equal distance from Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake and in the middle of vineyards. Highway hotels are not my idea of an ideal location for a short vacation but this particular hotel has all that it needs to serve for exactly this: a home base for a short vacation in the Niagara area.
Will definitly visit again.

Room Tip: The rooms with Jacuzzi are larger and have more windows.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denis M
FrankVismeg, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear new Hilton Garden Inn guests,
Thank you for selecting out hotel and writing the positive five star rating review. Nice to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our upper mid scale hotel with well appointed and comfortable rooms and overall services. Also, that you find our location ideal for your needs with only short drive to Niagara-on-the-Lake or Niagara Falls in the Glorious Niagara Wine Region.
We have recently revamped our complimentary Internet service adding extra bandwidth, fitness facility, which feature the latest Precor equipment, in all our rooms are with new 37” Widescreen LCD HDTV with pay-per-view movies and games, eleric vheicle charging station and in the very near future we will be doing some more improvements in the hotel by refurbishing the lobby and restaurant area. Our team is lloking forward to welcome you back in the very near future. With kind regards and Skal: Frank

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been staying here since 2010 once or twice a year, primarily because it is most convenient to my show venue (and is the only Hilton not near a casino, which is good for my finances!).

However, it seems like every time I stay here there are...problems. Some are small and immediately fixable (whirlpool has a slow leak; vent in the bathroom ceiling which should be closed is cockeyed and I am not sure whether my messing with it could do something to the electrical wires; a room that is supposed to be nonsmoking turns out to reek of cigarette smoke and requires a room change) and some are rather large. This time: the bed, while set at top-level firm when I get in at night, has me in a decided U-shape by the time I wake up in the morning. Tonight, someone's bloody and large bandage (definitely not mine) was found on my hassock right by my suitcase when I came in from a day's work. The hotel is also showing its age with stained carpeting and tired furniture, though I understand that they will have a MAJOR and total renovation in 2013.

The front desk staff does its best. They really do. As a Hilton Diamond, they upgrade me when they can. When a problem arises and I bring these things to their attention they do their best to fix, to apologize, to mitigate with some kind consideration (tonight, when I brought down the bandage in a washcloth for their inspection, they made sure I got something from the restaurant, which I appreciated). But I absolutely hate having to come to them with yet another misadventure. I don't expect perfection, but some things can't comfortably be dismissed without comment. And to be fair, the front desk staff cannot make up for constant deficiencies in the actual physical plant.

I hope the general manager takes note of their downward spiral and does something about it. His front desk staff deserves a hotel that matches their efforts at Hilton-level service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor and Hilton Diamond member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Niagara-on-the-Lake! I'm pleased to learn that you are repeat visitor since 2010 to our hotel and that you find it as most conveniently located one in the area with friendly service and a great price and that you have enjoyable experience in past!
It is disappointing to hear that you did not find our bed comfortable during your recent stay. We checked our records and did not noticed any dissatisfied comments from prior guests about bed in Jacuzzi suite 427. You may know that all Hilton Garden Inns including ours offers plenty of amenities such as: The Sweet Dreams Bed Experience, Luxurious linens and duvets and the remarkable Garden Sleep System adjustable beds in all rooms, which have on each side of the bed a dial with which you can adjust each side of the air mattress to your liking and comfort the firmness of the mattress. Also, our Executive Housekeeper has investigated about if former guest of same suites was smoking and was negative as we charge penalty in case someone does not follow our policies. Please let me apologize for any inconvenience with your last experience.
Our team works very hard to "share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest and we're delighted to hear that you are repeat guest with us! Please call me directly at: 905-704-3801 and I will arrange a special welcome to both of you on your next visit. Thank you: Frank Vismeg

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Typically, we stay in a B&B or somewhere near Main Street in Niagara-on-the-Lake, but we wanted something more affordable for our recent stay and this hotel had good reviews, so we took a chance. I'm happy that we did.

From the moment we arrived we felt welcome. The staff at the front desk were pleasant and friendly - letting us know that they were happy to help if we had any concerns during our stay. Both check-in and check-out were quick and easy, but you didn't feel rushed and the staff were happy to answer questions.

The room we had was very clean, spacious and comfortable. We'd had a long day at the Icewine Festival and didn't feel like going out again and this room was so comfy that we didn't mind staying in. The bed was amazing. It lets you choose the comfort level you'd like on each side, so my husband and I both had an amazing night's sleep with our individual settings.

There is a restaurant on-site and a fast food complex across the street, so if you don't feel like driving back to the main street for a restaurant there are options. We grabbed something quick for dinner and then had the hotel's breakfast the next day. We felt it was very good value for the money, as it includes hot made-to-order options and a Continental buffet for a reasonable cost. Everything we had was tasty and above average for this kind of breakfast at a hotel.

The hotel isn't super fancy, but it has a warm and friendly feel. The staff are lovely, the rooms are comfortable and it's only about a fifteen minute drive from either the Falls or Niagara-on-the-Lake. We look forward to our next stay.

1  Thank KristaVino

Dear Trip Advisor member and Hilton Garden Inn guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Niagara-on-the-Lake and give us a Five Star rating! I'm pleased to learn that you have find our hotel guestroom “amazing, a very clean and spacious, front desk staff friendly and providing you with great service and that you have enjoyed. Our team works very hard to "share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest and we're delighted to hear that you had an excellent breakfast in The Great North American Grill. Also, that our central location was ideal for your needs. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future. Thank you and Skål: Frank Vismeg

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is centrally located and puts everything within 20 minutes. Beamsville and Twenty-Valley to Niagara on the Lake and The Falls. The front desk can always help with directions, If you found it necessary you could be in Toronto in an hour.The fine touches and caring staff make this a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank Bobbya49
Frank V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear repeat Hilton guest,
Thank you for write a review on your recent visit to the Hilton Garden Inn, Niagara-on-the-Lake and giving us five star rating and it nice to hear that you find our location ideal for your needs. A great experience with our accommodation and services and we are happy to hear that the our professional staff make your stay pleasant. Our entire team are looking forward to welcome you back: Frank Vismeg

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn twice in the last two years. Both were around christmas when I was visiting family, and both times I had nearly the same experience. Rooms are clean, coffee at the front door is good, service was decent. This isn't fancy but its definitely worth the stay and the prices were excellent when I stayed both times. Only thing I have to complain about is the WiFi -- it has an annoying habit of kicking you off after ~24 hours and the re-signin process would keep a device locked out for another day -- so I'd have to switch devices for access. It does however seem like they were working on the wifi while we were there since we saw repeaters sticking out of the ceiling. All in all, this is a good value on a clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cal G

Dear repeat Hilton guest,

Thank you for write a review on your recent visit to the Hilton Garden Inn, Niagara-on-the-Lake and giving us high rating and it nice to hear that you find our location ideal in park like settings and a great experience with “clean, comfortable place to stay” our accommodation and services. We are happy to advice you that we have upgraded our Internet service with much stronger superior signal and support. I am happy to hear also that you have our rates reasonable. Our entire team are looking forward to welcome you back: Frank Vismeg

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently stay at this hotel for a weekend night in January. The hotel was close enough (15 mins.) to the famous town of Niagara on the Lake. It was an easy drive. The front desk was helpful with directions to area attractions and restaurants. This hotel was new, very clean. I would highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn.

1  Thank LJC48
Frank V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Hilton Guest,
Thank you for your five star review and and high recommondation for our services. We are very happy to read that you are enjoying our accommodation, facilities and services. Also, that you like our convenient locations close to downtown. Our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back in the near future to the Glorious Wine Region: Frank Vismeg