My wife and i were checking in my sister in law and her boyfriend into a suite on the second floor. My sister in law's boyfriend imediately discovered a bed bug on the ceiling beside the exhaust fan in the bathroom. we are accutely aware of what a bed bug looks like because we had an infestation in a toronto appt several years ago. and have paid very close attention to this alarming new issue. Upon calling the manager to our room we were told she wasnt sure what it was and brought in the cleaning staff to check. The cleaning staff informed us that they have seen several of these and not to worry because the exterminator said they were only tics! As if tics were acceptable! Being near experts on the subject and with the aid of a photo of a bedbug my wife googled on her phone, we insisted it was a bed bug. obviously the exterminator doesn't want to deal with a bedbug issue at a prestigious hotel like the hilton, so he instead passes them off as tics, which are not known to frequent populated urban areas and most certainly not hotels! in fact tics are a very rare occurance even in a wooded area. We refused accepting another room to stay in because if you see one bed bug especially in the day time there is probably alot more you dont see. My sister in law and her boyfriend instead stayed at another unnamed hotel in St. Catharines. Had the management accepted responsability and admitted it was a bed bug I probably wouldn't have wrote this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five storey hotel nestled in park like sating and less than 15 minutes either from Niagara Falls or Niagara-on-the-Lake features 118 spacious guestroom: 43 King rooms, 63 Queen rooms with two QQ beds, 11 Deluxe Jacuzzi Suites, which includes plenty of amenities such as: The Sweet Dreams Bed Experience, Luxurious linens and duvets and the remarkable Garden Sleep System adjustable bed, fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, 37” LCD High Definition Digital flat screen TV with on-demand movies and video games, complimentary wired & wireless high-speed Internet access, Ergonomic Herman Miller Mirra Chair, Secure PrinterON remote printing, two dual line telephone and MP3clock radio and iron/ironing board. Complimentary 24 hours Business Centre, Complimentary “to go” morning Coffee or Tea. We also offer a 24 hour Pavilion Pantry for snacks and microwavable meals, coin laundry service and complimentary parking and Electric vehicle charging station FREE of charge to our guest.Recreation Facility: Fitness centre with the latest in equipment by PRECOR, indoor heated pool and invigorated whirlpool and outdoor patio. For your dining pleasure The Great North American Grill – Restaurant, which offer Mediterranean & American cuisine and featuring made to order eggs and other delicious items, a hearty lunch and dinner specialties daily prepared by our talented Chef. Prime Rib Special every Friday & Saturday night. We can accommodate in our Garden View Ballroom conferences, dinner parties or weddings up to 220 persons with outdoor Gazebo for Wedding Ceremonies.Welcome to the HILTON GARDEN INN, Niagara-on-the-Lake and great Canadian Wine Region, Art Galleries, Golf & Journey back in time-relive the War of 1812 , “the Prettiest Town in Canada” please come and Witness History. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-On-The-Lake Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Hilton Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Niagara-On-The-Lake Hilton