“Horse-back riding? Fantastic!!!”

Niagara Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Niagara trail riding at it's best! Public trail riding along the Niagara escarpment in the heart of wine country. Niagara's longest running trail riding establishment, since 1961. No experience necessary, horses for all levels, minimum age 10 yrs. 15 minutes from both Old Town Niagara On The Lake and Niagara Falls. Open all season, reservations recommended.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Horse-back riding? Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My visit to Niagara Riding Stables is permanently etched on my mind. It was the first time in my fifty-plus years that I had ever been near a horse. The experience was thrilling, exhilarating and any similar synonyms you may know. Sitting on a horse and controlling such a powerful animal is a great feeling. I would encourage any and everyone to try it. I also enjoyed the scenery. Even with the sounds of nature all around, I experienced a wonderful peacefulness. I would return, in a wink, for another ride.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank margles

Toronto
“Sitting Pretty”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a wonderful experience. Beautiful, well-fed horses. Gorgeous scenery. Kind, caring guides. Fell in love with some wonderful felines too. Dinah, thank you for a terrific day.

St. Catharines, Canada
“Always a Great Experience!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Victoria and I have become regular visitors to Niagara Riding Stables. Dinah and her crew are great guides, and we always enjoy our visit. She has a good selection of horses and there's sure to be a suitable mount for anyone of any experience level. The trail is beautiful and sure to please any nature lover. We're no sooner home then we're scheming about when we can squeeze in another ride. Thanks, Dinah! You're the best!

Lancaster County
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Super stables”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Dinah is the owner and I called her before we went to Canada to see if she had Pinto horses ( Paints ) . I asked her if I could have a paint for my wife to ride and said that I would pay extra if she could make this happen .My wife loves paints and we can never get her on one here in the states . I even offered a fellow double rate if he could make my wife's dream come true . He said no . Dinah said she would be able to get her on a paint just call before we come up . I called the day and time I wanted to go and sure enough she she had a paint for my wife and one for me . Bonus ! She didn't even charge us extra for my wish . They do make you wear riding helmets though ( no choice ) . The ride was great ,the view was good . Dislikes , I thought our guide should have talked and told us about the area and what to look for ( animals and points of interest ) She was quiet and didn't say much . When the ride was over we asked them to take pictures of us on the horses and they did and then I tipped the guide and walked over to Dinah and thanked her and gave her a tip as well for making a dream come true for my wife .

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Spaydman
Toronto, Canada
“Horse back riding a must!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After visiting Niagara Riding Stables, we cannot believe we had not done this before. This was the highlight of our trip. Visiting the Stables, we got acquainted with so many personalitied-horses, learned to navigate and ride on them, and felt the fear but adrenaline pumping rush of riding them. Highly recommended.