“My experience at Niagara Riding Stables (Sept 2/12)”

Niagara Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Niagara trail riding at it's best! Public trail riding along the Niagara escarpment in the heart of wine country. Niagara's longest running trail riding establishment, since 1961. No experience necessary, horses for all levels, minimum age 10 yrs. 15 minutes from both Old Town Niagara On The Lake and Niagara Falls. Open all season, reservations recommended.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My experience at Niagara Riding Stables (Sept 2/12)”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It was our first time visiting Niagara Riding Stables and we were welcomed by Bob, who was very, very nice. And then we met Dinah, who was also very nice. My first thought was... if the people are this nice, they must treat the horses nice too! And I believe it to be true. The first horse we met was King, the most massive-sized horse I've ever seen! Yet he was as gentle as could be. My brother got to ride him. And then we met Earle, who is also very beautiful and gentle as could be. My sister-in-law got to ride him. It was BB that I got to ride, and she was equally as beautiful and gentle. The trail we took through the woods was both calming and relaxing. And we really appreciated Dinah's guidance, knowledge, experience, and genuine enthusiasm for telling stories of the horses' previous adventures. Dinah was also very patient and willing to take many photos of us sitting atop the horses, which I now look upon fondly. I highly recommend the Niagara Riding Stables, and sincerely hope to make it back there for a ride during the Fall.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank livemusichead

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stayed away too long...”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

For me, Niagara Riding Stables isn't a tourist attraction, because I'm a local girl and I went riding there (more years ago than I'll admit here!). After months of wanting to 'get back into riding' I finally booked a ride in August. When you arrive, Dinah is saddling horses and getting everything organized. It's obvious right away that the horses are loved and well-cared for with lots of positive exposure to people, novices and experienced alike. When Dinah calls them "her babies" she really means it. She is very good at matching riders to horses, even coupling horses that like to be together with 'couples' who've come for a ride. It was nice to know I could still ride, and it gave me the chance to relax and de-stress that I was looking for. I enjoyed it so much, I went back 2 weeks later, and plan to keep going as often as I can. The most important thing about a stable for me is that the horses are loved and well cared for, and these really, really are. Thanks, Dinah.

1 Thank vintagelaurie
London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Earle & Brock”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

What a great adventure! Both my friend and I are inexperienced riders and were a little nervous. Dinah (owner & trail guide) was amazing with both of us. She gave us two wonderful horses that lead us gently through the trails. The trails were adventurous and a gave us a very scenic tour through the forest (which I loved!!). The whole horse ride and experience were well worth the money and I would return to Niagara Riding Stables in a heart beat. Thank you Dinah & staff for an amazing experience.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A lovely riding experience”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Having spent a week in Toronto and Niagara Falls for a wedding we saw a lot of sights in a short space of time, incuding Niagara Falls and the CN Tower, but I can honestly say that one of the highlights of our visit was our ride! I'd not ridden for many years and my friend had never been in the saddle but we were both given every help and encouragement to find a suitable horse and Piper and Earle were perfect. And those Western-style saddles are sooooo comfortable compared to our English ones. It was really good to see the landscape from horseback and at a slower pace, as the rest of our holiday in Canada seemed to be rushing from one busy place to another. Great value and I would thoroughly recommend a visit.

1 Thank SR56
Barrie, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not bad but was a little disappointed”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The horses and staff were excellent, very helpful and matched the horse to the rider perfectly. However from the reviews I really was expecting more, it literally was just a walk through the woods not the Niagara Escarpment views that we were hoping for. Plus it was a little boring, not once did we get the opportunity to trot it was just a follow your leader. I'm not saying don't go as we had fun but don't go expecting terrific views.

2 Thank Lara363