They seem to have a culture of excellent service at this property. I had all kinds of questions when I arrived, they were all answered to my perfect satisfaction and done so with a smile!
The hotel is situated about 30 minutes walk from the Shaw theatre, I'd say 15 to downtown. An easy walk during the day but VERY poorly lit at night. Again, nothing to do with the hotel but be aware before you book. Or bring a flash light.
Nothing bad to say about the rooms except the carpet is a little older and could use a really good cleaning. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, pretty, tasteful, clean. The entire property is older but nicely taken care of. There is a lovely little balcony and patio you can relax on.
Breakfast was simple but nicely presented and definitely of good quality. You can make your own waffles which is always fun!
I wouldn't recommend the restaurant next door if you can avoid it. Slow (albeit pleasant service), sub par food and they messed up my very simple order.
I had some trouble getting a cab to the Shaw theatre (be aware it's SO hard to get a cab apparently...the very nice, very late cab driver told me they just don't want to go all the way there from St-Catherine's. When this happened, P**** at the front desk was SO so helpful.
I did wish the staff knew more about the local bus service. I ended up walking to the Fort George parking lot after checkout to get to my shuttle to the falls.
This is a good spot from which to explore the area. If you're not the shopping type (which I'm not...so while the town is lovely, there's not much to do), eSkoot and zoom bikes are around the corner. You don't have to drive through the downtown 'bustle' is you have a car. The hotel has bike racks right by the entrance where I could park my bike.
All in all, it was a good experience. I was extremely happy with the hotel and the wonderful staff. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Colonel Butler Inn offers an atmosphere of comfort and friendly service with affordable rates for visiting Niagara on the Lake. Accommodations are tastefully appointed, spacious and are well suited for couples, families, and groups. Rates always included our enhanced continental breakfast, parking, and wireless internet access. Plus, the hotel offers a convenient location for visting the town's numerous wineries, outstanding restaurants, wonderful shopping, and the renowned Shaw Festival theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Best Western and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Colonel Butler Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colonel Butler Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Best Western Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Niagara-On-The-Lake Best Western