My boyfriend is a farmer and this was our first weekend away and his first weekend off in over 6 months. We wanted to get away relax and but still have a good time.
After checking out many properties in the Niagra On The Lake area we decided to choose the Colonel Butler because of the price, wow were we happy we did.
LOCATION: The hotel is just off the main strip, about a 3 min drive I would say a 15min walk. We were here in the off season and it was a cold weekend so we choose to drive but it would be a nice walk in the warmer months. There is a Tim Hortons, a family style restaurant, a Sunoco and a Sports Bar all within feet of the hotel.
CHECKING IN: We had no problem checking in and actually arrived early but thought we'd stop in to see if our room might be ready a little early, they were more then happy to accomidate us and had us up in our room in no time.
THE ROOM: we stayed in a king suite and it was phenominal. The room is HUGE there was a very comfortable King Bed and then almost the size of another full room that has a fireplace, a sitting area and the tv. The bathroom is a little on the small side but who hangs out in their bathroom. They also had a small vanity outside the bathroom which was perfect.
THE SERVICE: everyone at this hotel is so friendly, they went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and when we inquired about restaurants not only did they have lots of personal knowledge on all of them but also had the menues of almost all the restaurants. They offered to make us reservations and when we arrived back at the hotel made it a point to ask how our dinner was. Very, very friendly!
I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay in the area the prices are great but importantly the staff are phenominal.
Thanks for making our weekend away a great one!
* If you are doing a wine tour while here I would highly recommend going to Hillebrand and doing the Art of Red Wine Session. For $25 you get a little mini tour, a wine tasting and get to make your own blend of red wine to take home. It is so much fun (and I'm not even a fan of red wine) and definatly something you MUST do!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Colonel Butler Inn offers an atmosphere of comfort and friendly service with affordable rates for visiting Niagara on the Lake. Accommodations are tastefully appointed, spacious and are well suited for couples, families, and groups. Rates always included our enhanced continental breakfast, parking, and wireless internet access. Plus, the hotel offers a convenient location for visting the town's numerous wineries, outstanding restaurants, wonderful shopping, and the renowned Shaw Festival theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Best Western, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Colonel Butler Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colonel Butler Hotel Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Best Western Niagara-On-The-Lake
- Niagara-On-The-Lake Best Western