Lakewinds Country Manor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riverbend Inn and Vineyard(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$139
124 on Queen Hotel and Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$319
$280
Best Western Colonel Butler Inn(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$155
$139
Harbour House Hotel(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
$157
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$105
$96
GardenInn.com
Queen's Landing(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$186
Prince of Wales(Niagara-on-the-Lake)
$201
  • Pool
White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa(Niagara-on-the-Lake)(Great Value!)
$118
$115
$186
South Landing Inn(Queenston)(Great Value!)
$130
$109
Travelocity
All reviewsafternoon sherryhosts stevechocolate trufflesb bother guestsfront porchlake ontarioshaw festivalswimming poolmy husband and ilovely propertygreat hostshomemade muffinsfabulous breakfastbed and breakfastlittle touchesperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2006

Lakewinds is an absolutely perfect B&B. It is an extremely well kept, immaculate yet warm and charming Victorian home. Our room was large, clean and updated with a jacuzzi, stall shower, fireplace and even a small rooftop balconey. Snacks were available and we felt comfortable and welcome. The home is exquisitely furnished and the beautiful wrap-around porch and gorgeous gardens transport you back to a relaxing stress free time! We stayed two nights and felt we'd been away for two weeks. My husband and I had spent two weeks in Paris in April at a five star hotel ...we felt that Lakewinds was equal to if not better than that accomodation. In addition, Lakewinds provides gourmet breakfasts which we thoroughly enjoyed. The guests around the table added to the experience - many were repeat visitors. If you want to experience the Niagara region; see some wonderful theatre and stay at a fantastic place book into Lakewinds - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank dray_7
Reviewed November 4, 2005

Our recent stay at Lakewinds was everything and more than we expect in a fine B&B. Breakfasts were superb and graciously served. The elegant house and grounds are immaculately maintained (leaving one to wonder, when does all that happen?). Location is a definite plus, across from a serene golf course (which itself abuts Lake Ontario), and easily walkable to the quaint village center. We've stayed at many inns and B&B's, and Lakewinds certainly ranks among the finest!

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank rjw5500
A TripAdvisor Member
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Lakewinds helped make our trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake so very special.

It is difficult to say what we enjoyed the most as it was all so wonderful. We truly felt at home and wish that we didn't live so very far away - we would certainly be back as soon as we could.

We have raved to our friends about those wonderful breakfasts provided. We enjoyed the pre-theatre treats - and most definitely the post-theatre truffles. The hospitality made the stay so memorable - the 'boys' really enjoyed the pool table, I loved having the bicycle there for me to meander along the quiet roads and down to the lake and my friend, Penny, just adored the wonderful garden. All this and I have not even mentioned how impressed we were with the bedrooms and how comfortable they were too.

We are sure that with such perfection Lakewinds reputation will spread worldwide.

Stayed: May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed May 8, 2005

Beautiful home, wonderful hosts, stunnnig rooms, and devilshly good breakfasts make up the atmosphere of Lakewinds. This was the only word I could come with with that incorporates every piece of my heavenly experience at this B&B. 11 years in business and they are hands down the best in the region.

THANKS!!!

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2005

We had an absolutely wonderful stay at Lakewinds! I have always been a little wary of B&Bs but this one is certainly no ordinary spot....more an inn than a B&B. Our room was beautiful (Sans Souci suite - French "provence" feel), the food was great and the hosts very accomodating.

Our breakfast the first day consisted of a fan of fresh pineapple drizzled with raspberry coulis, fresh made Belgian waffles with bananas, toasted almonds, whipped cream, bacon, maple syrup, etc., etc. They also offered homemade breads, croissants and cereals to go with your coffee and juice but I was way too full to even manage another bite after the waffles. The second morning we were treated to fruit salad, a leek and sage quiche with sausage and again the cereals, muffins, etc. Both days the breakfast was great....the only problem was that I was so full after both all I wanted to do was fall into our comfy king size bed for a post-breakfast nap!

I have already booked again for this coming year and would recommend it to anyone looking for accomodation in Niagara-on-the-Lake. I would also recommend, however, that you book early as we had a hard time rebooking for the same time this year (we left it until this spring!) as they apparently book up fast.

PS There is a great looking pool area surrounded by gardens which I'm sure are spectacular during the summer (we were a little too late for swimming!)

• Stayed: October 2004