“First B&B experience?”

In Elegance Bed and Breakfast
Toronto, Canada
“First B&B experience?”
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

For a long time my wife and I have wanted to try a B&B but I have always hesitated. I wondered how I would feel staying in a 'stranger's' home?
Well, now I know! If all the B&B owners are like Dana and Vito, I will feel like I am visiting family! Family for sure. But a well behaved Family that's unobtrusive; family that KNOWS how to prepare a GOURMET breakfast and DON'T expect you to help with the dishes or cooking! And family that has a beautiful home with a lovely garden! LOL
We really enjoyed staying with Dana and Vito and hope to take advantage of their warm hospitality many more times in the years to come. After all we are like family, now! Oh and we just lucked out I guess because we met two other wonderful couples (traveling separately, one from Ohio and one from Wisconsin) who made our stay even nicer, especially for the conversations at breakfast. Oh and if you like to ride, bring your bikes there is a lovely bike path next to the Niagara Parkway. We rode about 10 ams each way and stopped along the way for fresh local fruits and wine tours! Do NOT miss the Ice Wine Slushies! :0))

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RDS18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 3, 2012

If you can think of an ideal B&B, then this is the one for you... This place should be a template for all B&B's - just change the theme and voila' success.

The ambiance is elegant. Everything down from the rooms to the layout of the breakfast table matches every effort put into making your stay comfortable, delightful and delicious as like the homemade breakfast presented in front of you.

The location is prefect. The place is surrounded with places to go, things to do all within a few miles radius. And when you wake up refreshed, you'll wake up to the delightful sound of birds singing.

"In Elegance" for us was as big of a surprise as like Ontario's own ice wine, a hint of sweetness which dissipates elegantly on the pallet leaving you a moment to remember. A toast to Elegance, well done.

Room Tip: Any room, but we were staying at the vintage room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend during the Wine and Herb Festival and it was wonderful.

First, the Bed. We stayed in the Topiary room, and it was much bigger in real life than the pictures made it out to be. It didn't have a bathtub, just a shower which is fine as I don't really take baths. They provide toiletries, robes and slippers which I thought was a really nice touch. There was also a hair dryer and a curling iron. We had a queen-sized bed with an amazing ceiling fan (it was the middle of May, but HOT!). The fireplace in-room was amazing, but we were too hot to use it. We were so comfy that we spent both evenings after 9pm snuggled in bed watching TV. Overall, nice room.

Now the breakfast. WOW! Day one was a fresh fruit parfait (no strawberries in mine as I have allergies) followed by cheese and almond souffle with asparagus and tomatoes, fresh banana bread, homemade jams, sliced brie and warm buns. There was also fresh orange juice and coffee. WOW! Day two was yogurt with fresh berries and homemade granola, crepes stuffed with spinach and feta topped with hollandaise sauce, tomatoes, homemade apple strudel, smoked gouda and more delicious preserves. This was a completely amazing breakfast and I would certainly return for more.

They also provide bikes, tour passes, wine tastings and directions. We are certainly looking forward to going back on our next trip!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I'm not much of a writer...just wanted to say this place rocks!! I don't know what it is but you sleep so well and if it wasn't for Dana's top of the line breakfast gourmet selcection there's no way you'd get up.I came from my overnight stay at In Elegance refreshed and a happier person. Beautiful and perfectly CLEAN house - something that was veery important to me. Check it out yourself...you;ll love it! 5star rating is an understatement

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Anthony_BMW
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed at In Elegance last weekend.This B&B is a resonable walking distance to downtown, restaurants,shops. Bedrooms are nicely decorated and very clean.Food is excellent and delicious. Warm hospitality, greatly recommended. It was a good time to spend with frends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Barrie, Ontario
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great place to spend weekend with friends. Walking distance to restaurants in town.
Very friendly atmosphere, generous and helpful hosts told us about all great places to visit.
Very clean, tastefully decorated rooms.
Exquisite, gourmet breakfast was abolutly delicious, far beyond expectations.
Next time, when visiting this area, we will stay again at In Elegance, B&B .

Room Tip: All rooms are great !
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 1, 2012

It was the name that attracted us. We love vacationing in Niagara on the Lake in Canada. Of course, we reserved the Topiary room and were delighted with its cozy charm. We loved the clean and spacious style house. The breakfasts were delicious and varied. The location was perfect - just steps from the downtown for a morning walk, close to shops and restaurants.
We enjoyed our stay in Niagara and In Elegance, that we are planning to make it a yearly tradition. We consider In Elegance our little Canadian home away from home and look forward to seein you again soon!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple