“do nothing here”

Britaly Bed and Breakfast
Toronto
“do nothing here”
Reviewed May 8, 2007

Service at Britaly is unmatched. Personal attention to your wants and needs are enthusiastically catered to by your hosts Aldo and Graham. I'd like to say a big Thank You to both of you for taking care of us. Rooms are clean, ornately decorated; breakfast is a sumptious feast; guests enjoy free wireless connectivity; privacy is a premium value here; and there's a beautiful garden to enjoy the early mornings and dusk colours. A lot of thought and effort have been into the guest's overall experience of their stay at Britaly. It's what sets this B&B apart.

• Liked — High level of personalized service
  • Disliked — I was there on business and twice missed breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank youbekloot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Windsor, ON
Reviewed May 8, 2007

I originally wanted to stay in a historical B&B but the prices were just too much and I saw Britaly not only was nicely priced, but was rated #1 by Trip Advisor for B&B's in Niagara-on-the-Lake, so I decided to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed!

I stayed in the Canadiana room which was furnished with antiques and was spotlessly clean with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. I tend to be a germaphobe and this is the only hotel/motel/B&B I've *EVER* stayed at where I felt comfortable enough to not walk around with shoes on!!! The bathroom was also spic and span. The entire home is nicely decorated as well and is very clean. There wasn't a speck of dirt or dust anywhere.

Aldo and Graham are impeccable and interesting hosts who take excellent care of their guests. They also ply travellers with a sumptuous breakfast each morning- I was full after eating the home made granola and fruit and the home made fruit muffin and didn't even make it to the main dish (which I heard from the other guests around me that it was delicious, by the way!) Small details like a bonbon on my pillow each night, freshly brewed tea before breakfast, and eating off Royal Worcester china showed me that Aldo and Graham really care about their guests and like to indulge people!

Britaly isn't on the main strip of town but in a quiet subdivision. I liked that, as you're avoiding the touristy bustle. But the B&B is close enough- about a 4 minute drive for me- right into the old part of town. And if you like a little history, Butler's Barracks is a very quick 2 minute drive away from the B&B.

To sum it up, Britaly is the BEST accomodation away from home I've EVER stayed in!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank Computer_Says_N0
Toronto
Reviewed May 3, 2007

A colleague and I recently stayed at Britaly and were very pleased with our stay. I stayed in the English Room and loved it, spacious, tastefully decorated, immacuately clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is delicious and fills you up for your day. It was my first time at a B & B and something I will keep in mind for future travels. The hosts are very friendly and make you feel right at home. Highly recommended.

Lisa W., Toronto, Ont.

• Liked — quality, comfort, location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank lw28
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed April 29, 2007

My Girlfriend and I decided to be spontaneous and take a weekend to get away to NOTL. I was overwhelmed at the amount of B&B's out there, but decided to settle on Britaly because of the fair price and the hospitality from Graham on the phone. When we arrived, we were even more pleasantly surprised. Graham and Aldo (not to forget Rufus, the dog) gave us a warm welcome. The place was very clean and inviting, and the breakfast in the morning was wonderful. Plus Graham and Aldo enjoyed meeting us and talking with us. It was a pleasant experience all around, and would recommend this place first to anyone of my friends looking to get away to NOTL.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank imova
Finger Lakes New York
Reviewed March 25, 2007

What a great place! The Britaly B&B lived up to all of the outstanding reviews we read on Trip Advisor prior to our vacation. Aldo and Graham were the perfect host and the breakfest was incredible. The food kept coming, granola, berries, and yogert followed by "hot out of the oven" berry muffins, followed by an egg soufflet with asparagus and mushrooms, juice, toast and coffee. Our host joined us at the table for a great conversation about traveling the world. What a morning! The night before we wanted to eat at a good restaurant and Aldo suggested their favorite, REST, a small upscale restaurant located in a corner shopping plaza. Driving by, its not a place you would try from its location and outside looks but what great food. The waiting list to dine can sometime be 2 weeks and more we found out later. Aldo made a call to the eatery for us and was able to get a late reservation. The B&B was clean and confortable. Rofus the dog was adorable. My wife and I are already planning our next visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake. You get so much more for the same cost as a hotel in town. We highly recommend the Britaly!

• Liked — The host and food.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rtexas22
Cleveland
Reviewed March 14, 2007

We took a quick getaway over the weekend and booked to stay at the britaly trusting the advice of all the other tripadvisors. We weren't dissapointed. Our hosts were gracious and we felt very comfortable. Not to mention that breakfast was superb and the rooms beautifully furnished. The house was in a lovely quiet neighbourhood and the walk into town was enjoyable. It always amazes me how inviting people can be and reminds me of why bed and breakfasts are are so more personal and fulfilling to stay at than hotels. Thanks for a great nights stay guys!

• Liked — The hosts
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed January 8, 2007

My wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon at Britaly on our first trip to NOTL. We could not have had a better start to our honeymoon. Aldo and Graham were excellent hosts. They were very knowledgeable of the area are were happy to provide recommendations for dining and must-see wineries. Our room was very comfortable. Breakfast was amazing, by far the best of the several B&Bs we stayed at on our trip. We were extremely happy with our experience at Britaly and hope to return soon.

• Liked — Breakfast, hospitality, location
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple