“3 days of bliss” 5 of 5 bubbles

Britaly Bed and Breakfast
Mariaville Lake, New York, United States
“3 days of bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I booked Britaly at the last moment for a weekend away because of the reviews.. We were so lucky to get a room at Britaly B&B. From the time we were greeted by Aldo when we arrived until the time we left we had the most wonderful time. Each morning I woke to the smell of fresh coffee. I finished on their deck overlooking their beautifully landscaped yard, Being one of the first up I was able to talk with Aldo and Graham while they made their spectacular breakfasts. They made us feel as if we were good friends and not just guests. Even Marcus, their dog, greeted us as old friends.
As a travel agent I always worry how my clients will respond to places that I recommend. With Aldo, Graham and Marcus I will never worry that my clients will have anything but a great experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable and well appointed. Book early to get a room as they are almost always...
1 Thank David D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I went to NOTL for our anniversary and stayed at Britaly Bed & Breakfast. I have been to many B&B's and this place is the perfect example of what a B&B should be. It is Homey but not cluttered. The art work was beautiful. I also loved all the little decorative details inside and out, like the cool lighting fixture outside our door and the gorgeous well maintained back yard. It is also very very clean! But the best part were the hosts themselves, they were very friendly and just made you feel at home. Aldo and Graham are just wonderful people that obviously enjoy what they do! They are very helpful with whatever you want to do in the area. We stayed in the Italian room. It was very nicely decorated & romantic. The shower was very modern and cool, and I loved the chandelier! I loved the coffee outside our door each morning even more and the amazing gourmet breakfasts! Just little details that made it special, like Aldo and Graham remembering our names and whether we drank coffee or tea with our breakfast. It was also very enjoyable talking with the other guests about their day or what they did the day before or just about where they come from. For people that don't go to B&B's because of this kind of socialization..well your just missing out! I also have to say I really enjoyed their dog Markus, he was the most friendly, quite dog I have ever met, and just made the ambiance of the place even better! It is conveniently located to all the attractions and we were very comfortable there. I already miss the coffee outside our door and the wonderful food! Two nights just was not long enough. We will definitely be back!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I were visiting Niagara on the Lake for the third time for a long weekend getaway. We booked at the Britaly because of all the great TripAdvisor reviews. We were NOT disappointed.

From the time we arrived, Graham and Aldo were the perfect hosts. We stayed in the English Room. The room is beautiful and overlooks a lovely garden. There were chocolates on the pillow and a menu for breakfast on the bed. We were staying with our lab mix dog and were given a map for walking directions and restaurant suggestions where we would be able to sit outside. Their neighbourhood is beautiful and very peaceful. It is a little off the "main track" but it was a really nice 20 minute walk which we really enjoyed.

One of the nicest parts of the visit was the FOOD!! The breakfasts were truly gourmet.The warm muffins, homemade granola and delicious main courses were an amazing way to start the day. Definitely a highlight!

Graham and Aldo are so welcoming and it was a pleasure staying with them. They were so gracious when dealing with our dog and their dog Marcus is a sweetheart and really makes the Britaly a home. We are already talking about staying there again before the season is over!!!

Room Tip: We adored the English Room. It was large, had a lovely ensuite and overlooks the garden.
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

It was our first time in Niagara-on-the-Lake and the first time my boyfriend and I stayed in a B&B. Graham and Aldo are extraordinary hosts! They have a beautiful home with a comfortable atmosphere and environment. They were very accommodating and it was great getting to know them. Excellent breakfasts every morning with Graham's homemade granola. Their dog Markus is very well behaved and a handsome boy! We stayed in the Italian ensuite. The shower was to die for several shower heads/spouts. It was just a 2 minute drive downtown and the winery route was close as well. I highly recommend staying there! We will definitely be back.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

My wife and I decided at the last minute(well,actually on a Tuesday) to go to Niagra on the Lake the following Friday.We were not able to find a nice B & B on line so I called the Chamber of Commerce and was given the name of 3 B & B's that had availability.
I then went on line and looked for the websites they mentioned and decided to try Britaly first.
I called them and was told that they just had a cancellation and did have a room available.
I booked it.
Great move on my part!
We got to meet Graham and Aldo the proprietors of Britaly-and their wonderful dog Markus
They were very welcoming,friendly and interesting.
Their home was beautiful.
The breakfasts were great!
Fun conversations with the hosts and guests
Everything we go to B & Bs for we found here
We have been to a number of B & B's over the years and I can't think of a better experience

Thanks
Jerry and Milta Mandel
Bainbridge Twp,Oh

Room Tip: I will hopefully book early enough next time to get the ensuite.Though the private bathroom was just...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tecumseh, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

As the title suggests we have been attending this very hospitable Bed and Breakfast for the last nine years and are looking forward to the tenth in 2012. The home of Aldo and Graham is impressibly decorated with their personal touch of family heirlooms and purchased antiques all of which have a prominent place in the home. The three bedrooms on the second floor each have their own theme named after the homelands of the more than accommodating hosts and the country in which they now live. Are favourite is the spacious English room with its on suite bath and is the largest of the three rooms with a four posted queen size bed. The Italian bath was redone last year and has a very spa like atmosphere to it. The Canadian room is the smallest but is quaint and homey. The breakfast is next to none. It is a four course meal starting with Graham's homemade granola, followed by a large muffin, assorted fruits and yogourt. The entree changes daily (we know, since we stay six days and five nights) all of which are very delectable. Tea, coffee and orange juice are continuously flowing.If time allows there is a spacious deck to relax on which overlooks the yard with its lush trees, bushes, roses and fish pond with a miniature waterfall. A great place to enjoy the sun or read a book or just relax (should you find the time that is). Aldo and Graham know the area well and are able to suggest and direct you to places of interest and restaurants to eat. They offer wonderful comradery and outstanding service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jamesb869
Northeast Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We chose Britaly based on the reviews and the fact that they are dog-friendly. We can wholeheartedly confirm all the good reports! Aldo & Graham were gracious hosts and Marcus, their adorable lab, added his warm welcome to theirs each time we entered. The B&B was beautifully decorated, the rooms comfortable and well equipped, and the breakfasts delicious. We appreciated that coffee and tea was available each morning at 8am in the hallway. Another nice touch was that a small guest refrigerator was available for use and complimentary bottled water was provided. We spent two nights in the Italian Room and wished we could have stayed longer. The location is perhaps a 20 minute walk from town. Though we'd originally hoped to be closer to the main street we didn't mind the pleasant walk. The nearby park even has a leash-free area if you'd like to be able to give your dog a good run. We appreciated how welcome we were made to feel and hope to return!

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple