“Gem in NoTL!”
Review of Treadwell

Treadwell
Reserve with OpenTable
Treadwell is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Victoria St
Description: Since opening in May 2006, Treadwell has become one of Canada's most critically acclaimed restaurants. Located in the heart of Niagara on the Lake, Treadwell's "Farm-to-Table" philosophy allows Chef-Owner Stephen Treadwell to showcase the very best of seasonal produce from Niagara and Southwestern Ontario. The wine list, created by Sommelier-Owner James Treadwell, is often regarded as Canada's finest for Ontario wines. Please check our Special Events page for a variety of unique events held at the restaurant.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were staying at 124 on Queen and luckily had made reservations in advance (recommend you do too if you'd like to eat here!)

Simply put - the food was incredible. Locally sourced, farm-to-table style - the freshness of the ingredients and innovative dishes made for an epicurean delight! We had the scallops and pork-bellies to start - perfectly cooked and the flavors were amazing. For entrees, we had the lamb and the white fish with lobster - its was REALLY difficult not to lick the plate when we were done. ;-) Flawless execution - kudos to a great kitchen team.

Excellent service by friendly, knowledgeable staff who took the time to review the ingredients while serving. Great wine selection from local wineries - I have found a few new favorites.

We had looked at the menus of various places up and down Queen Street and the prices were all a bit too high for the offerings - but it's a tourist strip, so to be expected. The prices here are comparable to those, but the food is leagues above what you will find at the others.

I live in Toronto and I will probably drive down to have dinner here again one day soon - it was that good. Don't visit Niagara-on-the-Lake without having dinner here.

2  Thank MoJoTrippin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,608)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were on vacation in Niagara-on-the-Lake and chose a few different restaurants. this was one if not the best meal we had. The owner sources his meats and produce from specific sources and you can read about them on the menu. As seasons change and produce changes, the menu changes. I had a lamb shank and my wife had a pasta dish. On a scale of 10, they were both 11.
We tried to return but they were busy. We were not in town long enough to try again.

As a starter we took the charcuterie dish. We thoroughly enjoyed it. I noticed the couple next to us chose the same dish and received a different type of salami. I had my heart set on trying several different local foods. I mentioned it to the head waiter as she came by to check on the tables. She explained why there are differences, asked if I would still like to try it, went in and came back with a few slices....catering to the customer!

Service was friendly and had a natural pace....not to quick nor slow...they kept an eye on how quick we ate. For dessert, I had the carrot cake. It's too bad they did not have Italian espresso (their machine broke), dessert wasn't the same for me.

The place is on the expensive side (but remember what you are getting....quality ingredients). Both meals with one shared appetizer, two main meals and one dessert was 117$ (tax and service included). We did not have any drinks as we had just returned from a vineyard tour and had an early nite cap at our hotel...wine in this area is excellent! We would definitely return!

3  Thank Canadians_who_travel
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stephen Treadwell is not a new name to the culinary scene in Niagara region, however, his location on Queen St is new. What a welcome addition for both local residents and our international visiting crowd. Small but interesting menu with something for everybody.

I particularly enjoyed the selection of wines from small local boutique wineries.

Priced in line with what you pay for GOOD food in any restaurant which serves quality food.

2  Thank babilu
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had the delightful pleasure of dining at the Treadwell. The atmosphere was relaxed but upscale.
The food was fresh and expertly prepared. The highlight was a perfectly poured dirty Martini.

I can't wait until our next trip back to this fine establishment!

1  Thank Officially_Lost
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Every dish was tasty and beautifully presented. We had delicious scallops with pork belly, mackerel, tuna, steak/frites, charcuterie--the list goes on. Also had some unique items like sea-buckthorn sorbet.The service was excellent. The first time we went we sat at the bar facing the kitchen and got a great show there. Since the restaurant is popular, a good time to go is for a leisurely afternoon lunch. Not cheap but worth the splurge.

1  Thank Michael C