“Casual, friendly, with great food”
Review of The Garrison House

The Garrison House
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a casual gastro tavern that focuses on local food, beer and wine. As we are casual,we accept all our guests as they come to our door, no reservations required.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

It was our last night on NOTL and we wanted something different. I had read some good reviews of this gastropub so we decided to check I out. Friendly front of staff, attentive service, and the food was delicious. Classic split pea soup with bacon, mussels in a coconut curry, and a classic shepperd's pie were all very very good. We will definitely revisit when we are back in town.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Don't let the location in a mini-strip plaza put you off: this place is excellent and imaginative. Atmosphere is lively without being too noisy; service is attentive; food is imaginative and reasonably priced. Excellent selection of local wines and beers. There is a patio that is opened up in the warmer weather.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My group of four (4) was excellent . As a Chef (Retired) was impressed with the following

The Length of the Menu ( Had the important selections that make The Garrison House what it is,) The Service was outstanding and the servers where polite and knew any question put to them (Her).

The food was tasteful, spiced and hot as it should be. The plating was decorative, the right size and portion was just right to leave room for dessert . I had mention to our waitress that I was amazed with the Ordinary Everyday Fries as usually when the fries at other Restaurants cool down the Grease Taste comes forth. The fries where crisp and tasteful no Greasy after taste. I was advised that the Potatoes are soaked over night and as a Diabetic and have only one transplanted Kidney this system work and everyone really doesn't have to worry about starches. I would recommend people to visit The Garrison House in Niagara on the Lake.... Good job David Watt..... That name seem familiar to me in my circle of friends.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We are a foodie family of 4 based in Manhattan and were told to visit here by the staff at Stratus wineries (over the road). Excellent recommendation: very gracious service from Matthew and team and wonderful treats from the kitchen. My husband had curried mussels in a local beer sauce (first rate), one son had the burger (one of the finest and freshest burgers we've had in a long time) and the other had the panko crusted calamari (super fresh and crisp and it disappeared in mins!). I had a lovely "health salad" with a tangy dressing offset by a side of very more-ish fries. All in all excellent fare and very good value for money. This was one of our favorite eateries in NOTL and we came back for seconds.

1  Thank Kvgraham
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Yesterday I had their Calamari with Siracha sauce - I just spent 6 weeks in Asia and not one place I ate at could cook the calamari to perfection as they did!
I came again today for some great local beers and some pâté. Yum! All their fare is reasonably priced ESP local VQA wine! The place is always busy and their friendly staff make dining solo a pleasure! Great stop for foodies.