“Down-home feel, good eats”

Silk's Country Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stopped in for breakfast on a Sunday before exploring downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake. Admittedly lured in by the cheap breakfast special advertised on the outside, we were surprised by the attentive service and good eats. The place was packed, which did make us more forgiving of the long-ish wait for food to arrive. Our group loved their omelets, French toast and eggs benedict. Coffee was fresh and plentiful. We were lucky to snag a table at the front by the large glass windows, which was very nice. A down-home diner feel we enjoyed!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went there on a Sunday before noon. The place was relatively busy. However, we were seated promptly and our food came in a timely manner. My wife's veg omelet was very good and she said they even seemed to use fresh mushrooms. The peameal bacon with my poached eggs ( as I ordered) was a little thin but still OK. The service was excellent even though they were getting busier by the minute.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Cheapest breakfast in town, always friendly staff, one with very hairy arms, yikes.
Huge selection very reasonable prices.
Booths tables and bar seating. Could be a little cleaner

Reviewed October 9, 2013

It's a simple diner. The breakfast special was $3.49. For that price we had plenty, the food was fresh and well cooked. The coffee was more than $2/cup and the service was borderline slow, but for what it was we enjoyed it. It was a good, basic breakfast a a good, basic price.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

As a local, I have been to Silk's quite a few times, and the food quality seems to be worsening. The eggs are often undercooked, and during my last visit I sent back french toast that was clearly raw. Instead of removing it from the bill like any half decent restaurant would, they only deducted $2. The waitresses were rude, customer service was horrible, and my last visit confirmed I will definitely not be returning for anymore breakfast "specials"!

4  Thank Alexis M