“Taste The Town Tours”

Taste the Town Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Taste the Town Tours is a walking food and cultural tour suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels. We believe a Food Tour should be a harmonious combination of history, architecture and local cuisine and have developed the tour to ensure the creation of a truly memorable culinary experience. Don't miss out on the 2.5 hour walking food tour in downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake for a unique tour experience like none other.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We experienced a fabulous two and one half hour time with Stephanie as our engaging, knowledgeable and entertaining guide. Each spot we stopped at was welcoming, prepared and provided samples of excellent fare. In between stops, Stephanie capably and enthusiastically shared some local history as we leisurely moved from one site to another. Our group was very diverse both in age, interests and background but Stephanie carefully engaged us all and soon we were interacting with each other and finding common interests. We would recommend the tour and our guide to any/all history/foodie buffs visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake! Ron and Dianne Nikiforuk, Drayton Valley, AB

All reviews
"walking tour"
in 21 reviews
"cheese secrets"
in 13 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 25 reviews
"pace"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was the first thing we did when we arrived in Niagara-on-the-Lake. It proved to be a perfect way to get familiar with the town. Not only did we get tasty food items, we learned about the background of the shops we visited as well as local architecture and history.

We did the early tour and the tastings were well planned. The shops/tastings are listed on the website (and may change) but ours began with bread and jams at Greaves (we loved the cherry jam!) so it was what I would call breakfast-y. Then we built up to the pizza/beer stop which was followed by desserts/cheese/fudge stops. It is plenty of food for most people, I would think. We were able to get the cheese and fudge "to go" since we were out of room by then.

Stephanie was a delightful tour guide and we would highly recommend her and Taste the Town Tours when you visit.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a great time at the Taste the Town tour. The 6 tastings we had were all pretty good and I especially like the pizza, the jams and the soup. There were 8 of us on the tour and we all liked different stuff that was sampled, so there are different things for everyone.

We did walk quite a bit on this tour, and our tour leader, Bill, was always ready to point out different architectural details, local history, and other (ghost) stories as we walked around town.

I would definitely recommend the tour to others, just make sure you wear comfy shoes and be prepared to walk.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I enjoyed a nice tour with Bill and two other couples. Each stop was unique and the food offered quite tasty. The walking was pleasant and Bill was full of interesting information about the local buildings and history.

I will happily refer others to this and consider it a fine gift for my parents.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My friend and I took this in as part of her 50th birthday present from me ahead of a matinee performance of "Guys and Dolls" and an evening performance of "Lady Windermere's Fan" at the Shaw Festival. We had a marvellous time with Stephanie (our tour guide) who was wonderfully informative and entertaining all along the route. The tastings at the six different stops were fabulous and filled us up enough that we didn't have to eat again until dinnertime, between plays. I highly recommend this tour if you want to learn about "the prettiest town in Canada" and have a delicious time doing so. I hope that Taste the Town Tours considers putting together some "specialty tours" for different times of the year like Thanksgiving, Hallowe'en, and Christmas too.