“Old Friends sharing a great afternoon together”

Taste the Town Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Taste the Town Tours is a walking food and cultural tour suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels. We believe a Food Tour should be a harmonious combination of history, architecture and local cuisine and have developed the tour to ensure the creation of a truly memorable culinary experience. Don't miss out on the 2.5 hour walking food tour in downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake for a unique tour experience like none other.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

6 long time girl friends gathered for a "Taste the Town Tour". It was most informative. We really learned a lot about Niagara on the Lake, and Bill, our tour guide, was great. His friendly personality, and knowledge about the history of Niagara on the Lake made our afternoon most enjoyable. We stopped at 6 different locations while on tour and enjoyed a delicious "bite to eat"! Already planning a visit back there in the near future.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Six ladies looking for a casual afternoon of friendship and girlish bonding was a winning recipe for Taste the Town. Bill was our fearless leader and he helped us explore the beauty of Niagara-on-the-Lake with with a creative flare. We learned, we laughed, we talked, and had a great time. The food tastings were ample and I was full at the end. It was an excellent way to share an afternoon and enjoy some quality time together.

1  Thank GrammaCilla
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had visited Niagara-on-the-Lake several times, but this was the first time I stepped away from Queen St, and what a discovery! Bill was very informative about the historical buildings and interesting facts about NOTL, especially the many of the firsts in Canada. The six food stops were well chosen. I just thought that the tour was a bit too long - almost three hours.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were very fortunate that Jodie managed to arrange a 'private' tour for us as the regular season had not quite begun. Even having been to NOTL many times myself, I had never walked around and gotten a little history of the architecture. The tastings were very enjoyable, spread out enough to give welcome respites to the walking--at one point having a lovely lookout over the Niagara River. Bill was a great guide, very knowledgeable, and it was obvious he enjoyed what he did. A lovely way to spend a couple of hours in a beautiful town.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I took my family on this tour and was surprised to not only get to sample some delicious food but also to get a bit of a history lesson as well as a lesson on architecture. We really enjoyed the tour and the tastings and had a excellent guide. I only wish that we had been taken inside the B&B.