“Great Tour”

Taste the Town Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Taste the Town Tours is a walking food and cultural tour suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels. We believe a Food Tour should be a harmonious combination of history, architecture and local cuisine and have developed the tour to ensure the creation of a truly memorable culinary experience. Don't miss out on the 2.5 hour walking food tour in downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake for a unique tour experience like none other.
Depew, New York
“Great Tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a great way to experience Niagra on the Lake. I have never been there before. This tour was very informative and the tastings were wonderful. We had a large group of 17 and I heard everything that Marcy was saying. She made the walk interesting and moved along at a enjoyable pace. At the end of the tour she asked what the favorite food tasting was. I thought every tasting was excellant so I couldn't even pick one out. I enjoyed this so much that I am going to bring my friends from Buffalo New York next year.....

Hamilton, Canada
“A great tour.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I really enjoyed out tour and tasting. We had a small group of 4 and so got to hear everything that Marcy was saying. Not sure if a group of 15 would do as well. I like to walk so found it was a good choice to learn more about Niagara on the Lake. The samples were just enough to make me want to come back later for more. Yes, we went through the stores and out the back way. It seems like it was the most efficient way of doing things. Again with a larger group, there may be time and seating issues to contend with. Marcy was a great tour guide and would recommend her for this or any tour she was leading.

Palm Bay, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice day for a walk”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My review of this tour is mixed. It definitely was more of a longgggg walk than a tasting. I agree with other reviews that when it came to the tasting we almost never felt welcomed in the stores and restaurants but were more like herded thru to the back and out the back door. Very Unfriendly The exception was the Irish Tea Room and the B&B on the lake. The tour guide knew a lot about the town but the walk was long. And towards the end we all felt like she was ready for it to be over. A good tour guide never let's you feel like she has a job to do.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Jean G
Cambridge, Canada
“Great Tour!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We just did this tour and really enjoyed the walk around the town. We found it informative and Marcy was great! The food was good and found ourselves full by the second last taste stop. We really enjoyed the shops and the owners were all very friendly. We had our little guy with us and it was no problem bringing the stroller everywhere with us. We would recommend this tour!

Waterloo, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NOT for all ages”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

For my wife's birthday I bought two tickets for this tour to get a flavour of NOTL, and because we could do it with a 6 month old; the website specifically mentions strollers. Evidently, nobody told our guide about this policy and she did not irritation that we had a child with us and that she was "not informed". Like many others with young or older participants where there was accomodation made. The entire day she shuffled us from one location to another, not giving any indication on how long we had between our forced marches to prepare with our baby, and showing no concern if we fell behind. She was constantly checking her watching and commenting that we were falling behind in time, yet she finished the tour 15 minutes early.

As for the shops, what we did see and taste were very good. What would have made the tour a lot better is if the proprietors had taken some time to tell us about what we were eating and the importance and history of their building. During a two and a half hour walk, with six stops, for the price that is being charged a bottle of water would have been nice. Truthfully, the best part of the tour was when it ended and we were free to walk the stores on our own.

Final word? Save your money and just buy a brochure.

1 Thank Andrew S