“A great end to our honeymoon!”

Harbour House Hotel
Reviewed December 10, 2006

We ended our 2-week honeymoon road trip at Harbour House. We had a fantastic time at Harbour House and NOTL. We stayed there 2 nights. We wish we stayed 4 nights! We didn't expect there to be as much to do as there really was. We rented bikes from the hotel and rode around town and to the nearby vineyards. Lots of shopping, theater, golfing. Harbour House was fantastic -- so accommodating. The wine tasting was great!! The room was very well-appointed. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dinkerdmr
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed November 30, 2006

Although it was a short visit, my husband and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Harbour House. The staff was wonderful and couldent of made us feel more at home. We enjoyed one of their suites and couldent find one negative thing to say about it even if we tried. The 5pm wine and cheese tasing was a nice touch and gave us the opportunity to meet with other guests. The only warning I would give is that if you desire room service and you have a large appitite you might want to double up your order. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DREAMEN.FOOL
Reviewed November 11, 2006

The employee service was excellent and the room was very nice. For the price, this is what I expected. I was disappointed in the harbor view. I had to use my imagination with just a glimps of the water. The location was nice. I was also disappointed in the "package" which I do not recommend. Our theatre tickets were practically the last row which was just ok since it was a small theatre. I had a choice of restaurants and I chose one, one month in advance the "Charles Inn." My confirmations said this restaurant but we received reservations for the restaurant called "Zee" when we checked in, instead. It was loud and the service was mediocre though the food was good but I wouldn't rave about it. A preteneous type of a place.
The wine tasting in the lobby was minimal. The drop of wine I received, I could hardly taste and after barely tasting two different wines, I asked for a bit more than a drop, not a whole glass but a "bit more" and I received an ugly glare. The breakfast was the best part, excellent.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WesternNYer
Reviewed October 23, 2006

Couldn't have asked for better service. Great hospitality. Comfy beds. Breakfast every morning, delicious. Wine tasting, late afternoon, what a nice touch.
Recommend it highly, loved it.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank acopper57
Reviewed October 22, 2006

The experience starting when you enter the lobby was pleasant and problem free. You felt welcome right away and my dog felt welcome too!! If you have a well behaved pet - bring him with you. Your dog will be treated like the King of Beasts. Treats for him when you arrive and a dog bed and bowls and toy await when you get to the room. Could not have been better!

The rooms are luxurious and yet comfortable and without pretense - the whole experience was like that actually. Service excellent, rooms clean and staff very freindly and helpful - and they like dogs. And the beds - really very comfortable. Did I mention the beds were terrific? Guest books in each room were a fun reading diversion - seeing what others thought of the hotel and everyone's own quirky views.

Breakfast was really good each morning and the wine and cheese tasting in the afternoon was a welcome treat after a day of walking around with dog and parents.

Internet access was available in the rooms, but the laptop in the community room/lobby seemed to be a popular gathering point and while some sat by the fire other checked their email or had some wine and chatted with fellow travelers.

I can say without reservation that this is a place you must try when visiting Niagara on the Lake.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
7  Thank UrbanLiver
Reviewed October 18, 2006

I booked our stay at the Harbour House because of the Trip Advisor link on their website. When I read all the great reviews, I booked immediately. Unfortunately, we could only stay one night because it was Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and they were booked for the entire weekend, with only a Friday night vacancy.

We live only an 1.5 hours away, but had never stayed at NOL. What a great little getaway place and the hotel just made the stay one to remember. When we arrived there was wine and chocolates with a charming birthday note from the Manager.

We had the best room at the end of the hall over looking the Marina. That's a tip I got from another reviewer. The wine tasting was charming the wine was good, but the company was even better. The staff couldn't do enough to make us comfortable. On our way back they checked the wait at the bridge and took the time to give us directions to return via another route to avoid delays.

Go to NOL enjoy all that is charming about that community, but be sure to stay at the Harbour House. Believe what all the reviewers are saying...it's all true.

• Stayed: October 2006
6  Thank CarmenA
Reviewed October 12, 2006

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the harbour house hotel. It was amazing. This was no average hotel. The way they catered to our every need made my boyfriend and I feel so special! I would highly recommend, this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. From the great breakfast to the movies to the trivial pursuit dvd and other board games we were never bored and the staff couldn't have helped anymore. You have to do the jet boat tour. You get soaking wet but it was so much fun! We also did a wine tasting tour which was great (the hotel can set it up for you). Overall this was the best hotel experience of my life and you can't beat the fire place and tubs in the room. A++

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple