“Wonderful”

Harbour House Hotel
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband & I travelled with another couple and we enjoyed how personal the staff was and making our stay very enjoyable. The hotel is very tastfully decorated and the breakfast was very generious.All the little extra made this stay wanted us to tell other friends and hopefully letting us visit another time. R & G Ontario

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed April 19, 2009

the stay booked with travel zoo at the harbour house was excellent, plush, relaxing and welcoming and hepful....we really enjoyed the awesome breakfast , coffee in the lobby with cookies and wine tasting on the patio.........the veiw was great, the location was perfect and the place is spotless....
we also enjoyed their taste of music in the lobby, very relaxing and the in the room the jazz cd and fireplace with welcoming home made cookies was great after a long drive,,,,
having the wine decanter and wine glasses in the room was a classy touch
thanks soooo much!
we also found a great bar, wine stores and great walking down town, which is very close by

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Harbour House Hotel this week for a few nights, it was a beautiful few days. I was not ready to leave, I could have easily stayed a few more days. The staff were very welcoming right from start to finish. The front desk personnal were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was amazing. The staff in the dining room were very accomadating!!! We will definately be back.
Thanks to all the staff, keep up the fantastic service.
Ralph & Michelle Cummings
St. Thomas, Ontario

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2009

My mom went to the Harbour House and raved about it. We live about an hour away and when she got home, we packed the car back up and went again. They have 2 dog friendly rooms on the first floor that are the definition of comfort. It was our dog's first hotel stay and he loved it!

The location is right on the water, but a short walk away from town. The Queen's landing across the street has a great burger!

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I recently won a one night stay at Harbour House. It is our 22nd wedding anniversary in July so we decided to go now as the dinner offered in the package at Charles Inn is not provided through the high peak season (May-October). We were very pleased with the warm welcome by Harbour House staff. They gave us a brief tour of the lobby and when we got to our room, they had complimentary chocolates and cookies in commemoration of our anniversary. They arranged our dinner reservation at Charles Inn and even provided shuttle transportation. The dinner at Charles Inn was excellent and the breakfast the following morning at Harbour House was devine. As parents of two teenagers, thank you for allowing us to have such a relaxing time during our stay.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2009

A first class experience all round. The staff were excellent and made us feel at home.

Thanks again to you all.

Cheers

JP
Kitchener

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2009

We stayed here while visiting wineries in the region. There was an error with my bill - basically the rate I was quoted when I booked over the phone was not the rate I was charged. I tried to clear it up at the front desk explaining that it was not what I was told when I agreed to make a reservation at the hotel. The manager was unavailable so out of principle I decided to e-mail my concern to the manager, but I never received a response! The front desk clerk told me that the person making my reservation was new and maybe made a mistake with the rates when I made my reservation and didn't offer to honor the quote I was given when I booked. I was charged $100 more per night than the rate I was quoted because of a mistake by one of their staff. I'm very surprised at the lack of class here, that they did not admit their mistake or that the manager never addressed my concern. One unhappy customer is apparently not a concern of theirs since the place seems to gets good reviews. I will not be staying here again, Niagara on the lake is a beautiful town, lots of great places to stay and I prefer to stay at a place where I know I will be charged what I was quoted and not be held accountable for staff errors. I had a much better experience at the Shaw.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends